Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris hybrid 2014 A/C clogged

Chris20c

Hello there,

Can someone help me where to find the drainage for the A/C i tried on youtube but for my model I can't find anything. Where is the pipe where the water for the a/c accumulate?

I notice the the passanger floor is wet here  and there.. spoke toyota and told me that there is a leak on the condensor and the ask me 600£ to replace. Before doing that i would like to see if its only clogged. Anyone can send some pic to where is located this drainage? Is it inside or outside? Help. 

I can't help with a pic but the drain comes out on the side of the tunnel the centre of the car, you may be able to see if it is leaking by removing the centre console the pipe is up where the floor meets the firewall, other places for leaks is the cabin air intake (pull the cabin filter) or the windscreen

I take the pic tomorrow mabye i know where it is. Is in the the centre in the middle? On the passenger or driver side?

iirc it should be on the passenger side

Click to enlarge

790917636_p130HVAC.thumb.jpg.a65281b204371afe58be510ee1eddb67.jpg

Is this the uk version? I mean right hand driver..

I check on the passenger seat but could not find by just lifting the carpet. Do i need to dig more to find it? 

Yes its RHD TMMF (French built), LHD has the blower motor on the other side

Its well buried iirc its under the insulation you will need to take out the centre console to get at it

1100165374_p130HVAClhdrhd.thumb.jpg.41c0793a0e2c45b952f96f1be0855c54.jpg

13 hours ago, Chris20c said:

spoke toyota and told me that there is a leak on the condensor and the ask me 600£ to replace.

The condenser is the radiator like part mounted right at the front of the car and in front of the radiator for the engine cooling. The condenser has nothing to do with any water leaks in the car. Why would they say that needs replacing?

The evaporator (the bit that gets cold) produces condensation and it could be that producing water if the drain is blocked, or it could coolant if the heater matrix has a leak (it would be antifreeze though and not water) or you might be getting rainwater in the cabin from somewhere. Rainwater leaks can travel a very long way due to capillary action.     

That a better pic. I will check tomorrow morning and let you guys know. Thanks for your help 

• 3 years later...

Thank you, Flash22, for your diagram. It was really useful when I cleaned my AC system as it developed a funny smell. 

I have used an Ozone generator with the old filter for 10 minutes, cleaned the AC drain, which is located under the carpet on the passenger's side and changed the filter to a more premium one (activated carbon with antibacterial properties.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd33d41456ffe6ed163bc0ed16e993e2.jpeg

At the moment, I am following the advice from The Car Care Nut, which is to stop the AC 5 minutes before reaching the destination.  Toyota's AC system is not too complicated and doesn't run for a bit more when the car is shut to do its magic. The basic cabin filter is useless as it is so thin and doesn't filter as well as others. (hence upgrading to a better one)

I did all this at the end of October, and the funny smell never returned. 

Things used in this process.

Toyota Air Conditioning System Cleaner - Toyota Parts Direct (toyotadirectparts.co.uk)

Ozone Negative Ion Generator,25,000 Mg/h Digital Display Touch Controlled Commercial Industrial Odor Removal Eliminator Deodorizer Machine Air Purifier for Home Pet Car Smoker,No Filter Required : Amazon.co.uk: Fashion

507820319 MANN-FILTER Cabin Filter Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 2014

Cabin Filter was bought from Carparts4less, and it was cheaper than anywhere else using coupons from extension browsers such as Coupert, Honey and so on.