Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control for 1.0 engine

Seddik

the ecu is more than likely NOT programmed for CC, i doubt a dealer would get involved in doing an update or have the knowledge to add CC

The only way to check it is with techstream

On 8/23/2020 at 2:36 PM, flash22 said:

the ecu is more than likely NOT programmed for CC, i doubt a dealer would get involved in doing an update or have the knowledge to add CC

I'm wating sir , thank you very much

Don't forget to help me as you can 

_20200823_145317.thumb.JPG.13ad37633a530f22aa805a1b79a2ee56.JPG

This is my ECU

The only way is via techstream and a mini vci to check it, any technical information and updates are paid for service via www.toyota-tech.eu 4 euro for 1 hour or 12 euro for a day

i can't be of any more help as i do not have access to the technical information

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 2:36 PM, flash22 said:

On 8/23/2020 at 8:23 PM, flash22 said:

The only way is via techstream and a mini vci to check it, any technical information and updates are paid for service via www.toyota-tech.eu 4 euro for 1 hour or 12 euro for a day

i can't be of any more help as i do not have access to the technical information

This is indeed the case.
I checked it with techstream and it seems that all functions are working by diagnosing the car as an US vehicle. All functions except the on/off are visible.

I know this:
Clutch "sensor" is installed (engine start/stop is installed)

Wiring to the ecu is installed (checked with techstream)

Correct stick (as it shows the correct functions in techstream)

The dealer told me that it's a wrong stick, but I highly doubt it, especially after seeing this post:

On 8/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, flash22 said:

Its connector A58, Pin 36  Pin 33 is the TC for the DLC

2017 onwards

574944062_P1302017OnCRUISECONTROL.thumb.png.be44ea47ce7bd78bd6443e1200b92210.png

The on/off button possibly shorts the circuit to ground.

I believe that the different part numbers of the cruise control stick are mainly to indicate a change of components or materials of which the stick has been made of, to comply with things such as RoHS and not an updated version that uses different resistor values.

Seems like the only way is to reprogram the ECU, but unfortunately, nobody figured this out yet.

I see that you mention toyota-tech, but I am not sure what is there to be found in terms of software and updates.

If anybody decides to take a look into it, shoot me a dm and I can test some stuff.

toyota-tech is Toyota Europe's portal using paid access for techstream and techdoc and most dealer level tools

the stalks may look the same, but they do have variations of the resistive values of the buttons - each button has a resistor so sends a different voltage to the ecu for each command

i will have a look and see if I can find the info for the later cars

check with a meter to see what resistances you have with each button press

Edit, here you go

363169110_YarisCC17-20.thumb.jpg.6f733cd09f32930926077532f731c0e1.jpg

Yes the main switch On is a dead short, with a resistive allowance for the switch contacts

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 1:08 PM, flash22 said:

toyota-tech is Toyota Europe's portal using paid access for techstream and techdoc and most dealer level tools

the stalks may look the same, but they do have variations of the resistive values of the buttons - each button has a resistor so sends a different voltage to the ecu for each command

i will have a look and see if I can find the info for the later cars

check with a meter to see what resistances you have with each button press

Edit, here you go

363169110_YarisCC17-20.thumb.jpg.6f733cd09f32930926077532f731c0e1.jpg

Yes the main switch On is a dead short, with a resistive allowance for the switch contacts

i have check out stalk's resistances and i found the same value like your post !

Please check this post

but can you give me how to check my own car Electrical diagram ?

This is my car in toyodiy by vin 

I have limited access to the information for the later cars especially wiring diagrams

As before you can get full paid access via toyota-tech.eu

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, flash22 said:

We can assume that the "old" versions of the stalks also use the same method for turning CC on or off (short circuit). This means that my setup is 100% correct, as I checked the values with techstream, diagnosing the car as the NSP130. The only thing that wasn't visible is the on/off part (check this video).

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

I have limited access to the information for the later cars especially wiring diagrams

As before you can get full paid access via toyota-tech.eu

On another forum (see here), someone reprogrammed his vehicle (unfortunately he didn't give me any information on how he did it, he also has a different vehicle, the NSP130). As you can see, my cruise control tab shows less information than his.

My questions are:
Are the programming files available on the toyota-tech site, which will grant CC on my specific vehicle (KSP130)?
How do I reprogram the ECU? (I have access to techstream and a VCI cable)

And this assumes ofc that the issue lies at the software and not the stick.

I created an account there, but it only seems that you have access to some manuals and navigation maps/software updates. On a sidenote, I'm not sure if there's a software update available for the 2016 model infotainment screen (got the same unit as here and here, except it's orange instead of blue, without maps), not sure if this is the "MM11 navibox"), as there's a huge design flaw with the music player.

If you look on toyota-tech it does list the paid and free services programming is done via techstream (official paid service)

Edit. i will look to see what model of the 1L has cruise

if you dont have navigation you will not have the navi box you will have touch2 DA (display audio) orange is non-hybrid version all you need to know is what version software and Device ID

Setup > General > System information

I do have list of software

• Like 1

I replied in the other thread about the firmware.

Back to on topic about the cruise control.
I indeed have the KSP130 variant 1L engine. I wanted to take a look at the paid services, but unfortunately it's not clear what's behind the paywall. Unfortunately they only accept credit cards, which are quite uncommon these days in my country (as ideal and PayPal are the way to go). Perhaps I'd have to acquire a temporary credit card for it.

I'll wait for your search and hope that you can find what we need to get cruise control working. If you need more information, I can provide it.

5 minutes ago, FPSUsername said:

I replied in the other thread about the firmware.

Back to on topic about the cruise control.
I indeed have the KSP130 variant 1L engine. I wanted to take a look at the paid services, but unfortunately it's not clear what's behind the paywall. Unfortunately they only accept credit cards, which are quite uncommon these days in my country (as ideal and PayPal are the way to go). Perhaps I'd have to acquire a temporary credit card for it.

I'll wait for your search and hope that you can find what we need to get cruise control working. If you need more information, I can provide it.

They also take debit cards you can always use a prepaid card

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

They also take debit cards you can always use a prepaid card

okey hank you for your help

just put the link of the thread that show how to reprogram may ECU and the paid files that i need 

and i will try soon

1 hour ago, Seddik said:

just put the link of the thread that show how to reprogram may ECU and the paid files that i need 

and i will try soon

If I'm correct, the firmware is a .cuv file and you can program it to the ECU using the Techstream's Calibration Update Wizard.

Here you can find a guide on the calibration file flashing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, Seddik said:

and i will try soon

Any luck on trying to enable cruise control?

Not 100% but on some later cars the cruise actually goes through the driving support ecu what's located behind the gauge cluster

Hmm. I believe we all have the prefacelift MK3 Yaris, which makes it possibly easier to figure things out.

Last time I checked toyota-tech I couldn't find anything regarding features. I checked again and it seems like there is a section for new features for my model (KSP130).

Features.thumb.png.a0394ca7248b7a8e7e8287dc46d22a63.png

Unfortunately I cannot take a look what features are mentioned as it's behind a paywall, so you have no idea what you'll see after a donation to Toyota. They could've been more transparant in my opinion.

That is just the specs and system descriptions of the car at launch it's not "NEW"

CC on the pre 2018 cars is controlled by the ecu

Perhaps the only way to get the files is through TIS. Only an authorized shop has access to that.

1 minute ago, FPSUsername said:

Perhaps the only way to get the files is through TIS. Only an authorized shop has access to that.

no that is not the case, www.toyota-tech.eu is the dealer portal paid access is 4 Euro plus vat an hour you just need to set up an account, i have used it many times

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Also working on a manual 1.0 Euro Yaris from 2016, model 2014-2017.
It has every available option on there, except cruise-control.
Switches are factory fitted at the clutch pedal, installed the switch, but no cruise light on the dash.
Also the black connector at the steering column has the wires in place in position one and two. Brown beige like.
Tried to acces via non-TIS program. Only thing i can think of is to re-initialise the gateway, but i'm a little scared to break/disrupt the software 😅
Did you have any luck so far in getting the switch working?
DO you have a wiring/ecu-pin out to see if there is an actual wire for controlling the speed?

It's not programmed into the ecu, it doesn't directly use the gateway, as above in this thread you can see the cruise stalk in Techstream

i posted the ecu pinouts on the first page you need to check the continuity between the clock spring and the ecu (this passes through the AB4 connector)

• 9 months later...
On 2/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, flash22 said:

It's not programmed into the ecu, it doesn't directly use the gateway, as above in this thread you can see the cruise stalk in Techstream

i posted the ecu pinouts on the first page you need to check the continuity between the clock spring and the ecu (this passes through the AB4 connector)

Finnaly i get the mini vci cable , and i used techstream on my car

I didn't find the cruise control 🥲

But i find the ASL (speed limiter) , with some additional wires it was activated and it works 😉

received_919224905650541.thumb.jpeg.1b56c2952d629128bac68e03bd8a5a58.jpeg

But i want the cruise control  🥲🥲

• Like 1

1.0 does not have CC programmed into the ecu, it is not an option and can not be programmed

the only option is to fit an aftermarket kit with the OEM stalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:13 PM, flash22 said:

1.0 does not have CC programmed into the ecu, it is not an option and can not be programmed

the only option is to fit an aftermarket kit with the OEM stalk

Cruise Control was NOT available on 1.0 Petrol 5- speed manual, the first yaris we purchased new was an Icon model and we discovered that as we had ordered the 1.0 engine it was not fitted. 

yaris specs 1.jpg

yaris specs 2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2021 at 7:06 PM, Seddik said:

Finnaly i get the mini vci cable , and i used techstream on my car

I didn't find the cruise control 🥲

But i find the ASL (speed limiter) , with some additional wires it was activated and it works 😉

received_919224905650541.thumb.jpeg.1b56c2952d629128bac68e03bd8a5a58.jpeg

But i want the cruise control  🥲🥲

Hello! I understand the 1.0 engine ECU on the 3rd gen/KSP130 has no provision for C/C (though I wonder if it could perhaps be done by swapping in a 4th gen/XP210 or AygoX 1KR ECU?). Anyway, I found a ASL/speed limiter specific stalk from a 2015 Aygo 1KR-FE and I would like to buy it and enable just the speed limiter function. I was wondering if you could please explain what additional wiring is required to enable it. I assume it's not plug and play like cruise control is on the hybrid model? Does it also require activation with a MiniVCI cable/Techstream since I do not own one and would have to buy it? Thanks.