Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AC Warranty info.

Auris James

I have a 2015 Auris Hybrid estate.

I went out this evening and the AC was only blowing warm, the lower you set the temp the faster the fan speed and warm/hot air out of it! No AC light flashing, but just warm/hot air! 

It was working last weekend. I always have it set on Auto and 18 degrees setting.

I bought the car in January and it came with a years warranty from the Toyota Dealer, but I also purchased an additional 2 years as well as a 3 year service plan.

I presume the Toyota dealer will try to re-gas the system and pressure test it/put dye in? Would this be free?

If the condenser is the problem, is it covered under warranty? Or a case of ware and tear?

I'll phone  Inchcape Toyota tomorrow and get it booked in. 

Many thanks. 

James:thumbsup:

The terms of the extended warranty are detailed on the following under 'what's covered' and 'what's not covered', and presumably the Toyota used warranty is similar: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty

Presume if the dealer pressure tests the car and finds there is a leak, that would be covered, and as the air conditioning is included in the 'what's covered' section, the compressor should be covered, unless any compressor damage is due to impact (ie stone damage).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The terms of the extended warranty are detailed on the following under 'what's covered' and 'what's not covered', and presumably the Toyota used warranty is similar: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty

Presume if the dealer pressure tests the car and finds there is a leak, that would be covered, and as the air conditioning is included in the 'what's covered' section, the compressor should be covered, unless any compressor damage is due to impact (ie stone damage).

Thanks for the info.

Hope the condenser rad is ok as reading "what's not covered" could argue that its fair ware and tear. Is the compressor in the engine bay and easily damaged? 

if you look through the front bumper the rad you can see is for the aircon

and generally little or no protection from stones / debris being thrown up off the road

• Thanks 1

Hi, 5 years old car most likely never been ac serviced and it’s low on gas. Damage from stones can be done to radiator but you really need to be driving on rough terrain most of the time, or very close behind lorries on motorway. Compressor is front of the engine but damage very rarely can happen unless as a result of an accident. It’s not necessarily to keep ac on auto to always ON to maintain seals, there are cars that only run ac in summer hot days and work perfectly fine even after 10 years, with only regular re gas. More you use ac more often re gas needs. U.K. climate every  2-4 years is sufficient. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 5 years old car most likely never been ac serviced and it’s low on gas. Damage from stones can be done to radiator but you really need to be driving on rough terrain most of the time, or very close behind lorries on motorway. Compressor is front of the engine but damage very rarely can happen unless as a result of an accident. It’s not necessarily to keep ac on auto to always ON to maintain seals, there are cars that only run ac in summer hot days and work perfectly fine even after 10 years, with only regular re gas. More you use ac more often re gas needs. U.K. climate every  2-4 years is sufficient. 

I suspect the AC as you say has never been serviced or re-gassed. If it's working, you wouldn't re-gas it. Is there a AC pollen filter to change? Did my Lexus one on my 2006 IS220D as well as replace the condenser myself.

If my Auris condenser is holed and Toyota going to charge a fair bit I'll fit it myself. Will try to get good will as only covered 2,000 miles since buying the car in January, what with lockdown and use my other car as well in the week. I'll phone on Monday to book it in for a diagnosis.

Certainly haven't noticed any stones hitting the car in my ownership. Must of happened as didn't notice while viewing the car the windscreen is chipped on the  passenger side! For sale details covered while I looked on the outside, and too busy driving it to notice on test drive!

James.

Thought I would update my post.

Took my car today for it's pre booked appointment. All handled really well. Explained if stone damage not covered. The cause is the AC condenser is leaking at bottom right corner, dealer spoke to the Toyota used approved warranty company and it was rejected, as no evidence provided. Inchcape took photo and spoke to Toyota again on phone and 30 minutes later got the approval with no cost to me! So great news!

Only issue is condensers are on back issue, and should be in stock at the end of the month. Going to phone me as soon as they know any more.

I have to say Inchcape Toyota has handled this issue fantastic and while I waited and kept me informed throughout with regular updates.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

Had an appointment today at 9am to have the condenser replaced and recall work done on my Auris Hybrid.

Toyota Dealer Phoned me at 8.28 to cancel the appointment as AC machine broken and hadn't got a part in, believe for the recall, could be condenser though. Booked for the 28th of September now! Certainly Toyota don't get your car fixed quickly! AC not working since the 7th of August. At least it's being done under warranty.

As I'm self employed, phoned my customer and went back to work on an ensuite as had booked the day off.

Hopefully get sorted on Tuesday the 28th.

Thanks for the update and also sorry to hear its not going to plan for you. I feel a goodwill gesture coming on... might be worth a little whinge, you never know.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Had an appointment on the 28th of September but I cancelled as finishing a job off.

Went Wednesday and waited the 4 hours while they replaced the condenser and did the Auris recall. Thankfully there was a local burger van to get a drink. Have to say pleased it was covered under the 12 months used car warranty and it didn't seem stone related. Was leaking bottom right of the tube part. They even washed it.

James.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to hear its been sorted finally (lol) and just in time for winter demisting 🙂 You'll be pleased it is all sorted anyhow, 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links