Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Difficult to get parts

Belfast

Hi, 

I've recently bought a 2010 urban cruiser and I live in Belfast.

My mechanic has told me that after market parts are difficult to get. I had to pay a Toyota dealer£240 to fit a new back box exhaust.

I now need a new rear break calibre and again been quoted over £300 just for one not including fitting.

I've read somewhere that the urban cruiser shares some parts with a Yaris and these can be fitted instead.

Is there a way of checking this?

Thanks in advance

Which version of the Urban Cruiser do you have - the 1.33 2WD or the 1.4 D4D 4WD?

The Urban Cruiser did have some shared architecture with Yaris but it was more Chassis, Engine and Transmission and a large proportion of the car is unique.

The UC was a very low volume seller and aftermarket suppliers are only interested in volume selling parts/cars. Design, manufacturing, and distribution costs and if the aftermarket cannot guarantee a decent volume of sales the aftermarket are not going to bother.

Looking at both the exhaust and the caliper they are unique to both UC and then engine and drive train ad build date for example: 

The exhaust is unique to urban cruiser and unique between engine 1.33 2wd, 1.4 d4d 2wd and 1.4 d4d 4wd all use different parts and all vary by build date

calipers are unique to UC and drive train & build date 1.33/1.4d3d 2wd share calipers the 1.4 d4d use a different part number again depending on build dates 

Thanks for the answers.

It's a 1.3 petrol 2wd

Is there an online website you can recommend?

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2020 at 11:27 PM, Belfast said:

Thanks for the answers.

It's a 1.3 petrol 2wd

Is there an online website you can recommend?

I am wondering if you could find the exhaust at the end?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links