Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 onwards head unit with Carplay & Android Auto

152bobby

Am I correct in saying that it was from 2018 onwards that Toyota introduced Carplay and Android Auto to their headunits in the Aygo?

My daughter's 2014 Aygo has the Sat Nav and reversing camera unit and I'm trying to source the above unit mentioned, probably from a someone Breaking a Aygo.

If I can find one, would it be a straight swap over with the connections and wires at the rear of the unit ?

Thanks.

It was from the 2018 facelift, but it wasn't across all grades. It was termed as 'smart phone integration'. Higher grades had smart phone integration as standard, whilst it was an option on the lower grades. 

Thanks for that and I did assume it would have been on the higher spec model.

The question is, will it be a straight swap of headunits ?

Should be. There was an earlier topic from someone who swapped the units over. The AA/Carplay units can be identified by having a third button (talk) on the unit -

10toyotaaygo.jpg

The third button info is very useful information, this will make it easier "if" I can find a unit.

Most breakers etc cant give much information about such items apart from the make if car and year it came out of.

Cheers

Bobby

Have a look at remon1496's post of 15/08/19 on the following -

Excellent, thanks...I've found a few Aygo's on eBay for breaking and the photos of the headunits have three buttons, so I've sent a few emails to the contacts asking how much they want for the head unit.

my 2020 x play Aygo now has that Apple car play facility, they had just included it late 2019 I think.

Still searching.  I have had a couple of prices quoted to me for the normal sat nav unit for £150.

I'll keep looking for the upgraded 3 button Android Auto/Carplay model.

Its shocking the amount of 2018+ Aygos I have found on eBay for breaking, I'm assuming this is the younger generation wrapping these little cars around lampposts etc !!

If possible, does anyone know the official Toyota part number for the Android Auto/Carplay head unit I'm looking for.

If I can get this, it will be far easier for me to deal with UK car breakers.

Thanks.

PartsKing might know the number, he's on this forum. 

John (Parts-King) has been in touch and has supplied me with part numbers and some other advice, this should help me deal with these UK Car Breakers.

I swear, they will say they have the part and if you are stupid enough to click the accept and pay button BEFORE you see a photo of what they are sending, you may be very disappointed.

I specifically said what I wanted (in great detail and with a photo, all that was missing was the official Toyota part number) and you should have seen what they thought I wanted !!

I'll keep looking.

Cheers to Parts-King 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Did you have any joy with this? I'm buying a 2017 Peugeot 108 and looking to do the same thing.

There is a thread with all the info required for the x-touch

86140-YV020

I'm still looking for one.  I have contacted at least 10 breakers on eBay with no luck.

That company in Poland who are still advertising them didn't bother to get back to me, which puts me right off dealing with them and parting with any cash.

They are 2018 onwards, most cars are repaired under 3 years old unless servery damaged, i have seen them listed incorrectly on eBay, 2 buttons on the left and one on the right

not sure on the price from Toyota

Yep, I know, I was playing safe and contacting only the 2019 ones that were breaking and actually had a photo of the headunit with the 3 buttons and I had loads getting back to me with all sorts of rubbish apart from the one they were advertising.  They'll try and sell you anything, even when I have specifically been precise on what I need.  I even give part numbers and photos and they still didn't listen.