Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking - Drivers door only?

WelshGasman

Hi all,

In my previous cars, there has been an option to set the central locking to only unlock the drivers door, and a second press would unlock remaining doors and boot.

Is there an option for this with the Yaris?

TIA

Does the driver's door not unlock manually from the inside when the central locking is activated?

21 minutes ago, stantheman1 said:

Does the driver's door not unlock manually from the inside when the central locking is activated?

Thanks for the reply.

I do not know. I have never tried.?

On previous cars, it was generally some sequence with the key fob?

I am talking about entering the car, not exiting it.?

I think the simple answer is 'no, the option doesn't exist.'

If you open this link for the Carista OBD2-based phone app, then click on the "Customizations" menu, then "See sample Customizations".  There is a slider bar on the right hand side of the text which is not obvious.  Using this slider you can see what Carista says you can adjust with their app.

I would be surprised if their list is not the same as the list of items a Toyota dealer can change using their dealer Toyota Techstream software/hardware. Although, as this is an internationally sold product (I think),  not all the features shown are on all cars suggested. The full Carista app is a 'paid-for' service, for what it's worth.

The list of configurable options is also usually at the back of the full owner's manual (downloadable for free from the Toyota GB website) - this is a more complete one than the manual that now comes with the car.

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/yaris/3rd-gen

HTH.

The op means comfort locking where one press opens the driver's door for security reason - say a lone woman on an unlit street

i know Nissan and Vauxhall have this function but i don't remember seeing it in techstream

27 minutes ago, Gerg said:

I think the simple answer is 'no, the option doesn't exist.'

If you open this link for the Carista OBD2-based phone app, then click on the "Customizations" menu, then "See sample Customizations".  There is a slider bar on the right hand side of the text which is not obvious.  Using this slider you can see what Carista says you can adjust with their app.

I would be surprised if their list is not the same as the list of items a Toyota dealer can change using their dealer Toyota Techstream software/hardware. Although, as this is an internationally sold product (I think),  not all the features shown are on all cars suggested. The full Carista app is a 'paid-for' service, for what it's worth.

The list of configurable options is also usually at the back of the full owner's manual (downloadable for free from the Toyota GB website) - this is a more complete one than the manual that now comes with the car.

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/yaris/3rd-gen

HTH.

Thank you Gerg,
That link is really helpful as I always like to be able to connect to my cars.
I'll also check out the manual online. I have already registered with MyToyota.

25 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The op means comfort locking where one press opens the driver's door for security reason - say a lone woman on an unlit street

i know Nissan and Vauxhall have this function but i don't remember seeing it in techstream

Hi flash22,

Yes, that what I was looking for. Shame it does not appear to be an option with the Yaris.

EDIT:  Just noticed you don't have the hybrid model!  Text removed.

50 minutes ago, Gerg said:

EDIT:  Just noticed you don't have the hybrid model!  Text removed.

Gerg,

I received the email before you removed the text.😀
I do have an ELM BT adapter somewhere, that I used on some previous cars. I also have the Torque Lite app.
Generally I would obtain Windows programs for each make that I use on a small netbook.
I cannot even find a Haynes manual for the car, which is generally one of my first purchases.

Hi,

Yes!  I mistakenly thought your car was a hybrid version.  (Not enough sleep, perhaps?)  If it had been, there is the excellent Hybrid Assistant monitoring app that is really worthwhile, but of no relevance at all to a 1.33 owner!  And it's probably not worth changing your car just to be able to use this app.

As your car is still well within warranty, then you presumably have a more limited use for a technical manual at the present, beyond finding out what you have just bought.

But, just so you are aware:-

Toyota offer an hourly/daily/weekly paid-for service to use their online service manuals here: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/

I am not the best person to ask (I'm just a regular Auris owner), but I don't remember any free Yaris service manual .pdfs coming up on this site.

There are several sellers on eBay offering 'cracked' versions of the official Toyota Techstream software (that the dealers use) and relevant cable for £20 or less.  These are reported to work well.  And if you wanted to, you could just use the supplied cable and buy time-limited official access to Techstream for an hour or longer, I understand.

There is (was?) a downloadable service manual for the Toyota iQ (which has a very similar 1.33vvti engine/transmission to yours, but not much else I'd guess), it's mentioned by some diamond geezer here: 

Hope that helps.

19 minutes ago, Gerg said:

Hi,

Yes!  I mistakenly thought your car was a hybrid version.  (Not enough sleep, perhaps?)  If it had been, there is the excellent Hybrid Assistant app that is really worthwhile, but of no relevance at all to a 1.33 owner!  And it's probably not worth changing your car just to be able to use this app.

As your car is still well within warranty, then you presumably have a more limited use for a technical manual at the present, beyond finding out what you have just bought.

But, just so you are aware:-

Toyota offer an hourly/daily/weekly paid-for service to use their online service manuals here: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/

I am not the best person to ask (I'm just a regular Auris owner), but I don't remember any free Yaris service manual .pdfs coming up on this site.

There are several sellers on eBay offering 'cracked' versions of the official Toyota Techstream software (that the dealers use) and relevant cable for £20 or less.  These are reported to work well.  And if you wanted to, you could just use the supplied cable and buy time-limited official access to Techstream for an hour or longer, I understand.

There is (was?) a downloadable service manual for the Toyota iQ (which has a very similar 1.33vvti engine/transmission to yours, but not much else I'd guess), it's mentioned by some diamond geezer here: 

Hope that helps!

Thank you Gerg,

All that info is extremely helpful.👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links