Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help me choose a new used Yaris?

hauntedbygearboxes

I'm currently diving a 2001 Yaris 1.3CDX Automatic.  Very nice car that I've much enjoyed driving - it's now time for a new one and I'd be very happy to buy another Yaris.

I wonder if anyone can help me cut through all the options and narrow down what I should or shouldn't be looking for?  I think my current car would have been top of range when new but is probably very basic by today's standard.  But I like that - basic and really reliable means less to faff around with and less go wrong.  

I've gathered that the auto gearboxes from 2006-2011 are probably best avoided.  Anything else I should know?  Are there any models that you would particularly recommend or think I might like?

The Yaris SR from that period has leather seats, wider wheels and handles nicely. Son has owned one for 4 years with no issues.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Madasafish said:

The Yaris SR from that period has leather seats, wider wheels and handles nicely. Son has owned one for 4 years with no issues.

Thank you - like this one? https://www.howardsgroup.co.uk/used-cars/toyota-yaris-1-33-vvt-i-tr-5dr-multidrive-s-5-door-hatchback-grey/wu62orp

The Multidrive is the cvt automatic the link you posted is a TR tbh go and have at look at a few cars and see what you like

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The Multidrive is the cvt automatic the link you posted is a TR tbh go and have at look at a few cars and see what you like

What's a TR Bob?  I thought that all the gearboxes after 2011 were CVTs?

TR is the spec of the car, iirc TR is one of the middle specs with the T Spirit being top of the range

the Mk3 yaris automatics are CVT or eCVT in the hybrid

• Like 1

DO NOT BUY ANY automated manual - MMT was pants...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madasafish said:

DO NOT BUY ANY automated manual - MMT was pants...

Thanks - but could you spell this out for me please?  I think this means avoid anything registered between 2006-2011 as this was the semi-auto period?

18 hours ago, hauntedbygearboxes said:

Thanks - but could you spell this out for me please?  I think this means avoid anything registered between 2006-2011 as this was the semi-auto period?

Yes..

• Like 1