Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake vacuum pump disassembly

mflorant

Dear All,

I am looking forward to hear whether any of you disassembled a brake vacuum pump. I am just curious to know if I purchase the inner parts from www.megazip.net/parts and change the ones inside the pump will decrease or even clear away the tapping sound.

Thanks for any suggestions, advices in advance!

I haven't opened it but when my 2009 got new fitted toyota service said that there has been two updates made on facelifts for it so there might be differences on different versions.

• Like 1

I can hear mine a little but, having heard some on other makes of cars (diesel engines mask theirs), I am not to bothered. So long as the pump is working, is all that matters. 

The part numbers did change from 29300-0W022 the early 2009/11 version, to 29300-0T020 later version 2011 onward. I went to the following for info - 

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2009/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/tool-engine-fuel/1905_vacuum-pump#29300

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2014/avensis/zrt271l-awfepw/2_273560_035_530W/tool-engine-fuel/1905_vacuum-pump#29300

I like the site the OP referenced to.

• Thanks 1

On megazip, I have found different parts, I mean different part numbers for the same item. That's the reason I have asked maybe someone has experience in dismantling the pump. Does anybody know how to identify one or the other?

4 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

I can hear mine a little but, having heard some on other makes of cars (diesel engines mask theirs), I am not to bothered. So long as the pump is working, is all that matters. 

The part numbers did change from 29300-0W022 the early 2009/11 version, to 29300-0T020 later version 2011 onward. I went to the following for info - 

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2009/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/tool-engine-fuel/1905_vacuum-pump#29300

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2014/avensis/zrt271l-awfepw/2_273560_035_530W/tool-engine-fuel/1905_vacuum-pump#29300

I like the site the OP referenced to.

It seems that when braking it doesn't give enough vacuum, means that brake needs to be  "pumped" to have full braking power, is this the issue with mine?

2 minutes ago, mflorant said:

It seems that when braking it doesn't give enough vacuum, means that brake needs to be  "pumped" to have full braking power, is this the issue with mine?

I don't have this problem, as my brakes are strong with not much pressure to the brake pedal. I have driven other cars (different makes), and the brake pedal on those need a good shove, as though the brakes are not working! I have driven a car many years ago, and the pipe to the servo lost a cap to the non return valve, so no servo. I had to stand on the pedal to slow the car. Replacing the pipe was easy, but it was a frightening experience when it first happened. The other issues is if there is a leak in the hydraulic system. I have had that in past cars, and pumping the pedal is a sign that the brake fluid is contaminated. When changing the brake pads, the pedal is pumped after the work is done. If you have to do the same, then I would say hydraulics than the servo.  

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links