Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Loading Map" stops nav

Jiff

Hi

Although I've had the same problem a few times in the past, since Friday every time I drive my 2019 TS 1.8, after a short time the map goes off and I get the "loading map" whirly thing on the display. There's no way to get rid of it other than stopping & restarting the car. Also the clock freezes on the infotainment & dashboard. The voice commands for sat nav just says "not found" or similar though I can select music. It also happens if I've turned my phone off, so that isn't interfering with the system. 

Anyone any idea what's wrong? 

The audio = 1011, Navigation = 1530, Navdb_version = 2019v2, the DCU = 17TDT2EU-DA01 & MEU = 17TMT2EU-FA00

The picture was taken an hour after the clock time at the motorway servicesimageproxy.php?img=&key=567b4e06530f0081

20200814_121629.jpg

I've had a few issues with it freezing too. You can reboot it by pressing and holding both knobs for a few seconds 

Thanks for that suggestion I'll try tomorrow, I might get another 10 minutes of the map 😉

I'll talk to Toyota to see if there's a proper fix, I don't think you're supposed to press two buttons at the same time when driving. 

It happened to me just the once and was fixed next time I started the car.

I've not had the problem myself. You could try updating your map to the 2020 latest version. If nothing else, it might fix any corrupt file you have.

Just to report back. I took it to Toyota & they updated the NAVdb - ver to 2020v1. Audio is still 1011 & NAV 1530

They said I was 3 versions behind. which is strange as they serviced it in February. At that time it was 2019v2

Have there really been 3 updates since February, does anybody know, or did they forget to update it then?

I've only driven it for 20 mins max now but it was OK for that short duration. Previously it was freezing between every 3 minutes & every hour or two.

I've noticed its added a few extra voice commands (at least extra to the manual), Shame they aren't much use.

Nav has - enter <Street>, Enter <House no.> I suppose that's for when you're nearly there

Media has - Genre < Genre name> Pity they don't give a list of the genres on my music. Guess I'll try "Blues" and see if that works

Why don't they have "Pause" or "Stop" - "Navigation" or "Media" or "Radio", that would be helpful.

I also discovered you can't rename the radio stations (which I'd never played before). You have to use the ones given by the transmitter (I think). So you get Radio 1, BBC R2, BBC R3, BBC R4 Classic FM didn't work but Classic did. I'll have to remember what the car calls them. 😞  Takes me back to the days of MS-DOS remembering all the commands CHKDSK, CD, DIR 🙂

Yes, I thought updating the Nav would help. You can do this yourself via the desk top log in.

I don't have audio updates either after service. It does not seem to be done automatically, not by my dealer anyway. Everything works, so until it does not, I'm not that bothered.

The updates they are referring to must be audio software of something, as the nav you said was 2019 V2 which is the version before 2020 V1.

On 8/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, Jiff said:

Thanks for that suggestion I'll try tomorrow, I might get another 10 minutes of the map 😉

I'll talk to Toyota to see if there's a proper fix, I don't think you're supposed to press two buttons at the same time when driving. 

I hope that was a tongue statement, highlighted in red! Any fiddling with car system settings, should be done whilst parked up, preferably before any journey and at home or garage. 
Anyway, I hope the problem is  sorted safely.  

On 8/26/2020 at 12:37 PM, Konrad C said:

I hope that was a tongue statement, highlighted in red! Any fiddling with car system settings, should be done whilst parked up, preferably before any journey and at home or garage. 
Anyway, I hope the problem is  sorted safely.  

Hi Konrad

My problem was the nav froze between every few minutes & about every hour. When on a motorway you can't stop, & it didn't matter if I reset it at home, it went wrong on any journey & again when I reset it when sitting at traffic lights. Hopefully it's been fixed with the "single" update (not the 3 they said), I'll find out soon hopefully though am not planning on a long journey till Christmas. 

7 hours ago, Jiff said:

Hi Konrad

My problem was the nav froze between every few minutes & about every hour. When on a motorway you can't stop, & it didn't matter if I reset it at home, it went wrong on any journey & again when I reset it when sitting at traffic lights. Hopefully it's been fixed with the "single" update (not the 3 they said), I'll find out soon hopefully though am not planning on a long journey till Christmas. 

That is annoying to have a fault, especially when you need it most. Hopefully Toyota should fix it under warranty.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, Jiff said:

Just to report back. I took it to Toyota & they updated the NAVdb - ver to 2020v1. Audio is still 1011 & NAV 1530

They said I was 3 versions behind. which is strange as they serviced it in February. At that time it was 2019v2

Have there really been 3 updates since February, does anybody know, or did they forget to update it then?

I've only driven it for 20 mins max now but it was OK for that short duration. Previously it was freezing between every 3 minutes & every hour or two.

I've noticed its added a few extra voice commands (at least extra to the manual), Shame they aren't much use.

Nav has - enter <Street>, Enter <House no.> I suppose that's for when you're nearly there

Media has - Genre < Genre name> Pity they don't give a list of the genres on my music. Guess I'll try "Blues" and see if that works

Why don't they have "Pause" or "Stop" - "Navigation" or "Media" or "Radio", that would be helpful.

I also discovered you can't rename the radio stations (which I'd never played before). You have to use the ones given by the transmitter (I think). So you get Radio 1, BBC R2, BBC R3, BBC R4 Classic FM didn't work but Classic did. I'll have to remember what the car calls them. 😞  Takes me back to the days of MS-DOS remembering all the commands CHKDSK, CD, DIR 🙂

Really annoys me when Dealers only do half a job there is an update for navigation ECU as well

Navigation should be 1540 fixing:

• Map cursor jerks every 2-3 seconds instead of moving continuously.

• Map screen goes black when passing by a certain location.

• Turn-by-Turn information suddenly changes inside a roundabout.

• No street name is displayed without destination set.

• Map rendering malfunctions (shifts) in Eastern Russia and Kazakhstan.

Since version 1530

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links