Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fault Reader

Gooner20112012

Hi can anyone recommend a obd2 fault reader for 54plate t-spirit 1.4diesel d4d french model. Purchased one on eBay was nice piece of kit but unfortunately failed to recognize vin .Hopefully the good people on this forum can help me out. Am looking at the £20-50 range. Many thanks in advance.   Mark

I have an Autel Maxiscan MS509 bought 7-10  (?) years ago. Reads our 2003  Yaris  D4D codes easily through OBD2 port.

Engine codes only.

Thanks for the reply Mad. Will have to see if that model is still available. The one i purchased was 32quid but didnt recognize vin so i think wasnt compatible for diesel motors. 

Most scanners will struggle to acquire the vin automatically on an older cars, ! have had to add the make and model manually, granted it's a pain but not the end of the world.  

Thanks Stan . Unfortunately the reader i purchased dosent give option to manually input.

What reader do you have ?, Launch and Autel are decent brands, I have a grey import maxi check pro but that's a lot more than you want to spend

an Autel maxiscan will be in your price range be aware some of these are marque specific

Obd2 on some diesels around 2004-2006 can be a bit hit-and-miss, you could get a mini vci and techstream if you have a laptop and some pc experience

Even tried Techstream and that wouldn't pick up a vin on a 2007 and 2006 Yaris,, I'm guessing that the auto vin finder is for vehicles with full can-bus networks, eg the newer models but I could be wrong. I've tried Foxwell NT624 Elite, Thinkdiag, Bluedriver and a few older scan tools Memscan U381 etc. and none of those could read the vin automatically on a 2007 Yaaris.

I forgot to add BT Snooper+ with Wurth Wow to that list.

i also have a Delphi DS150 that will read most cars even a 96 golf that a snap-off virus wouldn't read

oddly some elm based readers read the vin's that others can't

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links