Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Holding unlock to open windows

m4rkw

On my Lexus if I hold the unlock button on the fob it opens all the windows, why does my wife's 2008 rav-4 not do the same? Is this an option that can be coded with techstream?

Yes it's an avaliable option, it will also close the sunroof if fitted. 

I requested it be done prior to delivery of my RAV4.

At the first service for my previous Prius I requested it be enabled and was told by the dealer it wasn't an option and that maybe I had been looking on a US website. When I picked the car up they said they had checked and it was available. Apparently I was the first person who had asked for it. 

14 minutes ago, Yorkboy said:

Yes it's an avaliable option, it will also close the sunroof if fitted. 

May be an option on the current Rav4, but, from the OP's post, they have a 2008 Rav4.

You could buy a carista unit and see if the option is available to switch on

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bluetooth-Adapter-Scanner-Technology/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2UE3SXFZU005H&dchild=1&keywords=carista+bluetooth+obd2&qid=1597252606&sprefix=carista+%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-5

If you were nearer to me I could have plugged mine in to check

The first time I saw this available on a Toyota was the 4th generation Prius that launched early 2016.

Some people with that car or the 5th Gen RAV4 who have a Carista or similar have reported successfully enabling this feature.

I still struggle to understand why this is not enabled by default, or at least settable in the menus on one of the car's screens.

Hi all, talking to my dealer he says the windows open/code feature using the key, and also remote start is not available on European models. I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that the dealer has to recode the key. Can’t believe I’m this day and age you can’t open or close all windows by holding down the relevant button

Whilst I get what your saying and I like the idea  there isn't a relevant button on the keyfob is there?, at least mine doesn't come with a window open close button anyway. 

PS there is a thread already on the subject 

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/194871-holding-unlock-to-open-the-windows/

On most Car fobs, when you unlock the car if you continue to hold the button the windows should all open, likewise if you do the same on the lock button, hold it down and the windows close. It does it on US and Oz models. In the US if you press the unlock three times the car will start but will be locked. This allows defrosting of windows or cooling of cabin.

Can anyone supply me a dealers name where this has been done, my dealer and his tech team insist it can’t be!

Topics merged.

Dealer now backing down, the techies didn’t know that when they plug their kit in there’s a whole list of hidden options...well who would have believed! 🤡

Huddersfield Toyota did my 2019 RAV4 before delivery. York Toyota did my previous Prius at the first service although when I asked they weren't sure if it could be done, but when I returned to pick up the car it was done. 

I take it this feature is not available on a pre facelift 2015 Toyota Auris Hybrid?

Would be handy to open the windows, when arriving at car, to let the hot air out prior to putting the AC on!

James:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Richgl53 said:

Hi all, talking to my dealer he says the windows open/code feature using the key, and also remote start is not available on European models. I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that the dealer has to recode the key. Can’t believe I’m this day and age you can’t open or close all windows by holding down the relevant button

Windows and sunroof opening is available. I've unlocked this on mine.

Remote isn't available though 😔