Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T25 2ltr petrol clutch 08

Jonburns

Hi all,

now that the kids have flown the nest im looking to trade my 08 2ltr avensis Tspirit in against a hybrid yaris in september as im hoping there will be more choice on the 2nd hand front due to the release of the new hybrid.

Yesterday when i got into the avensis i thought i could smell clutch. Theres no sign of it slipping and its only a slight odour but im loathe to spend money on a car i intend to use as a deposit.

So my questions are.....how much is a clutch repkacement  and if i only drive it infrequently at a max 6 miles a day do you think it will last.......Im guessing theres jo easy fix to this but would like to extend its life for a few weeks.

Cheers

J

Hi J,

Burned clutch and burned brakes smell the same to me. If your clutch isn't slipping and you've not suddenly changed driving style it's more likely to be a sticking piston, slider or pad, especially since you don't do many miles.

Ian

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Never considered the brakes at all. Had them all replaced in April for the MOT. Guess I'll have to keep on the rev counter to see if they match the rising speed or use the handbrake tedt.