Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Downsizing

Jonburns

Hi all

Currently i have an 08 plate avensis 2ltr t spirit which i love and has never let me down in all the years ive had it. The wife has a yaris which I quite enjoy driving too. Now that yhe kids have left home and im working roughly 3 miles ftom where I live I no longer need such a large car.

I'm therefore asking you wise owls what  i should replace it with, I quite fancy a hybrid if possible  but not sure if my 11000 budget would allow. Annual milage would be less than 3000 as it would just be used for commuting and the odd 400 mile round trip. It'll occassionally carry myself, the wife and the lab, oh and being a t spirit owner I do like my toys.

Dodgy knees mean that an suto and cruise control would be helpful but would be happy to drive a manual for a bit longer. Erring towards the yaris because of the wife's but as Im 6ft, legroom can be an issue at times. No experience of an auris, do you think i should look at those, if so which one?

Thanks in advance

J

Given what you've said, I'd go for the highest spec Yaris Hybrid you can afford in a heartbeat! Excellent car. I am just in the process of upgrading to the 2020 model and it will be the third I have owned.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Jonburns said:

Hi all

Currently i have an 08 plate avensis 2ltr t spirit which i love and has never let me down in all the years ive had it. The wife has a yaris which I quite enjoy driving too. Now that yhe kids have left home and im working roughly 3 miles ftom where I live I no longer need such a large car.

I'm therefore asking you wise owls what  i should replace it with, I quite fancy a hybrid if possible  but not sure if my 11000 budget would allow. Annual milage would be less than 3000 as it would just be used for commuting and the odd 400 mile round trip. It'll occassionally carry myself, the wife and the lab, oh and being a t spirit owner I do like my toys.

Dodgy knees mean that an suto and cruise control would be helpful but would be happy to drive a manual for a bit longer. Erring towards the yaris because of the wife's but as Im 6ft, legroom can be an issue at times. No experience of an auris, do you think i should look at those, if so which one?

Thanks in advance

J

We have a Auris Sports Tourer ( d4d) and a yaris ( Hybrid) I find the Auris low to get in and out off compared to the Yaris . Otherwise the Auris is a fine car with loads of room with the estate able to carry most things we need

For your £11000 you will be able to get an Hybrid. Three years ago I bought a 60 plate Auris T Spirit hybrid. Almost 7 year old, 45,000 miles at £6500 from a Volkswagen dealer but with full Toyota service history.  The wife has it, now with 70000 miles. Due to lack of use look carefully at rear discs, they rust and can seize. Auris seat height is higher then my Prius, but lower then the 59 plate Yaris we have had. The Yaris cab is deceptively spacious, but the Auris is obviously more spacious and will carry more luggage when holiday time comes.

The wife’s Auris hybrid does low 60’s mpg in summer and up to 10mpg less during winter months. Air temperature above 10 degree C does make a good effect.  Read some comments on here to find what Yaris hybrid mpg does but the hybrid Battery is smaller then the Auris so may not be as good mpg.

whats the best spec hybrid in the yaris and auris?

For £11,000 you could get a nice hybrid Lexus 450h.. Lots of space, easy to get in and lots of presence..

You will need to practise parking though.............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links