Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a way to get the car to lock itself after I park and exit vehicle?

Vladdeh

I have the 2019 corolla excel hybrid and getting inside and starting the car without taking out my key is great but having to use the lock button on the key when exiting the vehicle is kind of a nuissance, is there a way to get it to lock itself after I exit the vehicle or after a certain time? (UK model btw?)

Not sure, but you can lock it using the door handle, which is no hassle. I only use the key fob to switch off the keyless entry system when I get home for greater security . Then I have to use the key fob to open the car when leaving home. Out and about I use keyless entry and exit as the key fob will not be in range for thieves to take advantage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timmon said:

Not sure, but you can lock it using the door handle, which is no hassle. I only use the key fob to switch off the keyless entry system when I get home for greater security . Then I have to use the key fob to open the car when leaving home. Out and about I use keyless entry and exit as the key fob will not be in range for thieves to take advantage.

This might be a stupid question but how do I look it using the door handle? I've had the car for a month and I have no idea how to do that...

Check the door handle, you should see small lines on top of it, press them lightly and it will lock it.

Surely the dealer explained all this at handover. Failing that the manual explains it. 

• Like 1

just tap the handle twice, after closing all the doors /boot. The first tap locks it, the second double locks it. There are 3 lines at the end of the handle, Somewhere near there does it. 

With regard to locking at home where thieves may use a device to spoof car entry, i put my key in a Barts Harrisa spice tin at home. That stops the key signal completely. I take my house keys off it first by removing the emergency key from the main fob. 

On 8/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, King Crimson said:

Check the door handle, you should see small lines on top of it, press them lightly and it will lock it.

There is also a small rubber nipple under the boot handle, on the right side.