Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioning advice?

Ricky1967

I have an Estima 1994 and the air con was working up to a year ago.  Replaced the air con belt recently which only lasted 150 miles approx.  I thought the compressor had broken and was looking to replace it. After investigating and only  finding ones of the same age and condition (with no guarantee they worked), I decided to remove my own compressor.  Looking on YouTube at every relevant video on (Denso 10PA17E) compressors and their failure faults  ,   mine does not show any of these. The only thing I found was the  amount of oil in the compressor was very little.   The test I have not tried because I am worried it will burn the coil out is wiring it to a 12V Battery not knowing if the black wire is live or the white wire is live.  Would anyone know which of the two wires is live?

The compressor has suction and blow on it. The bearing is quiet when turning the clutch by hand and smooth.  Would anyone know, if the oil is low (pag 46), would this break or burn the a/c belt out?

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

Are you able to run a meter from the loom and turn air con on to establish positive and negative?

Hi Paul

Thanks for your advice, as the aircon is off of the car now I didn't think of finding the live on the car.  Thank you, will try it!

Ricky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links