Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarms going off.

ZiaK

Hi am new here just got a beautiful low mileage 2013 tSpirit Prius but am experiencing alarms activations 3-5  times in a day it's quite annoying specially at night can someone please suggest any solution, is there anyway I can disable the sound not the complete alarm.appreciate that. Thanks

Edited by ZiaK
Mentioned year of manufacture

This has happened to me occasionally and it's usually been a spider or fly setting off the ultrasonic alarm.  It's irritating because I can unlock/disarm it from indoors and re lock, but to disable the ultrasonic part of the alarm required a button to be pressed inside the car before locking/setting.

It happened recently, and while driving I occasionally saw a surprisingly small fly.  Sitting by the beach with all windows open gave it an opportunity to depart (it always seemed to hide when I tried to help it out!), but it took several days.  I set the full alarm system during the day for several days until I was confident to stop disabling the ultrasonic overnight.

I think on the Gen 3 Prius the button was somewhere under or near the steering column cowling.  After switching off, if you press the button before locking the car the ultrasonic part is disabled for that time only.  You need to press the button every time until it's resolved.

If the alarm still goes off, then you've got another problem needing further investigation.

• Like 1

The button to disable the ultrasonic alarm is on the panel around the courtesy lights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thank you .it happens every night a couple of hours after i lock car for the night. it  does'nt happen in the winter, thats why i think its something to do with the heat in the car. nothing simple ever with me.                      i will try find the button ,be a pain to remember to set it every time. i leave it unlocked at night now

We bought a new Clio in 2001 and soon after, the alarm would go off in the middle of the night.  Very very annoying and eventually found a moth in the car.  Obviously having a flap round in the moonlight.

Got rid of it, but when the car went in for its first service, they turned down the sensitivity of the volumetric system and never had a problem with wee beasties setting off the alarm again.

Maybe Toyota can do the same?

Mick.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A question for you:  How old is the auxiliary Battery?  If it's 4+ years old I'd recommend you replace it.  All sorts of odd faults can be caused by the aux' Battery slowly fading away....