Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla TSport secondary air pump failure

corollats

Hi, I have a Corolla ts from 2003 1.8 vvtli 192cv and the engine warning light has lit up next to the traction controls. When checking what it is, I get secondary air injection failure. Someone will know that it could be because I have no idea. The repair will be very expensive. Thanks in advance

I believe this relates to a high powered electric motor/fan that is related to the air intake/filter box. They can go mechanically noisy and also fail from what I have read on here. 

Years ago I wrote this but I don't think it ever got followed up on:

I would go down the route of contacting anyone breaking T-Sports, see if you can pick up a replacement pump. Definately take the pump out and check the lines, connections, connectors and wiring. Check all round your intake system also.

There was a changeover with later 2ZZ-GE models loosing the air injection system altogether, but since you have one all in place still then you are going to have the air rail fitted exhaust manifold. If it was me I would would make an attempt at sorting the system out before considering a deletion route.

• 7 months later...

Hello all, 

sorry bumping up this old thread, but is there any soltution to fix/delete this for cheap? Using a used one will be just a temp fix IMO

My secondary airpump starts, makes a loud air pump noise and then goes out. 

Afaik it is only needed to heat the CAT fast enough. 

Can anything be used to trick the system etc. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links