Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2014 Toyota Tilt Alarm

Techead

So I've just gotten the new Toyota tilt alarm for my Auris 2014, though, there was no technical adviser to actually demonstrate or instruct how to use or disable it etc, so wondered if anyone else has had the Toyota tilt alarm fitted that might know more about it? 

I tested by locking the car, and jacking it up, it does indeed go off, but unlocking via the keyfob doesn't actually stop the alarm, unless there's some delay as it stopped 5 seconds or so later, though triggered once again, although the car was still half jacked at that point but unlocked via the keyfob, again, repeated pressing the unlock button didn't seem to kill the alarm instantly. 

Wondering if this is normal. The instructions to disarm/rearm the alarm pretty much suck with no clear indication of whether the code you entered worked or not. 

Unfortunately the tech's at the dealer where I had mine fitted didn't seem to know exactly how it works!

The pin card they originally gave me didn't have the sticker you need with the actual pin code so I had to go back.

They also said that starting the car should turn off the alarm once it's been triggered.

There should have been an instruction book produced but I don't think they have one - all you get is the card.

17 hours ago, Techead said:

So I've just gotten the new Toyota tilt alarm for my Auris 2014, 

Was this done at the dealers.  When I asked my dealer they said there wasn't one available.

8 hours ago, Steve Whits said:

Was this done at the dealers.  When I asked my dealer they said there wasn't one available.

Yeah it was done at the dealers. I asked about it due to reading others on this forum and at first, the receptionist at the dealer didn't know anything about it, but I insisted that it's been released, they went to speak to the service team who came back and confirmed.

Hope that helps.

Also, i was quoted £167 fitted, though on payment, they only charged £100 mentioning Toyota are providing a goodwill contribution, no idea if it's specifically for the tilt alarm or not.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, Techead said:

Yeah it was done at the dealers. I asked about it due to reading others on this forum and at first, the receptionist at the dealer didn't know anything about it, but I insisted that it's been released, they went to speak to the service team who came back and confirmed.

Hope that helps.

Also, i was quoted £167 fitted, though on payment, they only charged £100 mentioning Toyota are providing a goodwill contribution, no idea if it's specifically for the tilt alarm or not.

Oh OK thats cheaper than the Catloc

I'm taking it in for the recall tomorrow so I'll ask

On 8/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, Steve Whits said:

Oh OK thats cheaper than the Catloc

I'm taking it in for the recall tomorrow so I'll ask

If you do get it done, make sure to remind them to give you the pin code sticker! Still haven't had time to go back to the dealer to get it yet

• Thanks 1

Booked in in 2 weeks. £100 which is cheaper than the Catloc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had it fitted today.  For some reason it took the tech guy 2 hours to fit it but they then knocked me £20 off for the inconvenience. I had to ask for the sticker 🙂 but not sure how the button works. Anyone fathomed how to disable it if needed? 

Just as an aside the dealer said they now move all hybrids from the forecourt each evening after being informed of a dealership down south having had 15 cats taken in one night whilst on the forecourt.

• 4 months later...

Hi

i just had the CATLOC and alarm fitted Ali for £300 at my local Toyota dealer, no instructions provided and none really knew how to use the alarm, well done Flash22 forgetting the instructions

many thanks 

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

for any Toyota Auris Hybrid users who had the Toyota aftermarket anti tilt alarm installed, did you experience problems with car Battery drain after install? 

On two occasions (after not driving the vehicle for 48 hours) I’ve discovered my car wouldn’t start and the car battery is drained.  

My car has been back to the Toyota garage once since the tilt alarm was fitted due to incorrect installation/electrical wiring.  But now it looks like I’ll have to get it booked in again providing that I can get it jumpstarts.

Doesn’t seem right that the Battery should drain so quickly, it wasn’t like this at all before the anti tilt was installed.  Want to know if others have experienced the same? 

Is it the original Battery? A 7 year old Battery may be nearing the end of its life - the incorrect wiring and subsequent flat Battery may have exacerbated the issue. Has the battery been tested?

I acquired the vehicle in 2018 from Toyota and my guess is that it is the original Battery.  The Battery was tested and deemed fine by the garage when they resolved the incorrect tilt sensor wiring in Jan ‘21.

Say for argument that the problem is the aged Battery and I get it changed.  The additional drain caused by the tilt sensor would still contribute the battery drain. 

Really want to know if others have experienced the same or perhaps not if the car is used on a daily basis.  

Hi, any electric accessories are draining little bit power from the 12v Battery, alarm, sensors, black boxes, sim connectivity, anything, however if the car been used daily and Battery in good shape should not make such a drain problem in a short time, more likely the sensor just added power drain to all other factors that usually are the cause of the issue.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links