Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying bleeping.

lienb7701

Hi all.

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the reversing bleeping noise? I tried a few of the youtube videos from the US but gave up after several attempts.. 🤯

Hi Normally the dealer will do it by changing it to one beep but if you have a reader you can do it 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lienb7701 said:

Hi all.

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the reversing bleeping noise? I tried a few of the youtube videos from the US but gave up after several attempts.. 🤯

I don't think it was possible on the Gen 2 Prius (2004-2009).  It only became possible from the 2009 onwards Gen 3 version.

• Like 1

PeteB is correct.

On the Gen 2 it was only possible on the US models and some European ones. 

• Like 1

Off topic here, and talking about the Yaris, but it could be relevant to Prius owners?

How do you stop the annoying beeping when the seatbelt is disconnected?

We have a long drive down to the gate. Nothing posh or anything ........... but we live in a rural location and it's a long drive.  Why the heck do I have to fit a seatbelt on my own land driving to the gate?

Mick.

3 hours ago, Mick F said:

Off topic here, and talking about the Yaris, but it could be relevant to Prius owners?

How do you stop the annoying beeping when the seatbelt is disconnected?

We have a long drive down to the gate. Nothing posh or anything ........... but we live in a rural location and it's a long drive.  Why the heck do I have to fit a seatbelt on my own land driving to the gate?

Mick.

Because the car would not have been awarded a 5* Euro ncap rating if it did not do so.

Yes, I fully understand that.

We traded in a 61plate Fiat500 Twinair and I had downloaded a program called Multi-ecu-scan and by connecting up to the OBD, you could disable the seatbelt beep.  I must say though, that the Fiat500 beep was ear-piercing, and by disabling it, peace was restored.

I can assure you - and everyone reading this - that I re-instated the seatbelt alarm when we traded it in.  You need a program to disable, but re-instating it was a dashboard menu item, so it was easy.

Although the Yaris beep isn't intrusive, it's still pointless for us at home.  No doubt the Toyota equivalent to Multi-ecu-scan would do the same thing???

Thanks, Mick.

Hi Mick,

I can't remember if this has been posted before for your question, but, the Carista app web page https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/yaris/3rd-gen suggests that you can do what you want to do when armed with a compatible OBD2 dongle, and their (paid for!) app. Go to 'customizations', then 'see sample customizations.  There is a slider control on the right to scroll down, but it's not very obvious at first.

Clearly this is a major irritant - if you're ever up in Bedfordshire, drop by and I'll have a go at it with Techstream.... ☺️

• Like 1

Thanks Gerg.  Excellent!

Been to Bedford many times over the years when our daughter ran a pub in the town.  She's moved back down this way now and is out of the licenced trade.

Mick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links