Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adaptive Cruise Control Warning and Apple CarPlay

Adamthenav

Having only done 1000 miles in my new RAV, despite having it for 5months now, I’m still learning a few things, so if any of you have answers to the following two questions, that would be helpful:

1. When using the cruise control, if the car overspeeds whilst going downhill, it beeps at me.  Is there a way of disabling the beep?  I’ve found the RSA warnings and changed those but I think this is different.

2. My Apple CarPlay (sorry for those frustrated at having to wait, I’m not rubbing it in, honestly! 😀) only shows a few songs in a playlist then insists I use Siri to find the rest. Other cars with CarPlay haven’t done this. Can it be changed so that I can scroll rather than having to use Siri?  I’m a visual person, so Siri isn’t how I like to control things.

Thank you!

1. I've not noticed it beeping at me, are you using the cruise control, adaptive cruise control without lane keeping assist or cruise control with LKA?  I've noticed that the LKA beeps when it loses the lines on the road to warn you that you need to steer. The only other beeping I've noticed is when you use the speed limiter and go too fast.

2. I use Android Auto (sorry).

Hope that helps?

On 8/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, duncerduncs said:

1. I've not noticed it beeping at me, are you using the cruise control, adaptive cruise control without lane keeping assist or cruise control with LKA?  I've noticed that the LKA beeps when it loses the lines on the road to warn you that you need to steer. The only other beeping I've noticed is when you use the speed limiter and go too fast.

2. I use Android Auto (sorry).

Hope that helps?

I’m using cruise control without lane keeping, but that’s not relevant. It’s linked to your second point about going too fast, as I’ve said, when the ACC is on and it’s going downhill and the speed has crept up beyond the nominated speed.  
Have you done anything about it?  Do you just accept the beeping?

Yes, I get 4 beeps when the Adaptive Cruise Control is going faster than the sat speed by more than a couple of mph.  I'm pretty sure it can't be disabled, but in my case it doesn't happen often enough to bother me.

There is one place it usually activates that I pass frequently, and I've got into the habit of cancelling the CC just before I reach a small hump, and hitting 'resume' as I pass it, thus avoiding the beeps.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed this problem when going over a humpback bridge, or if the is a sudden change in camber of the road.

A quick tap of the brake pedal cancels the alarm.

Is there anywhere in the manual which lists these alarms and what they signify?

Yes, a quick tap of the brake cancels the alarm because it cancels the cruise control!  A bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I’d much rather have the ability to delete the alarm (which isn’t listed; I too can’t find a definitive list of alerts).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links