Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am back

welshviking

Hi Folks, After Selling my 57reg Aygo back around 2013 i am back, i have bought my son who is having driving lessons a 14reg Aygo Move with 58k on the clock. Passed its mot with a couple of advisories so fitted new brake discs and pads yesterday (what a swine the 6mm torx countersink bolt was to get out, ended up drilling them out) and will hopefully will fit a new headlight tomorrow as the old one has water in it. I have bought a service kit so will do that probably next weekend. Drove it back from Birmingham with no issues apart from the aircon needs regassing. Hopefully if and when he passes his test he can spend money on it and not his old Dad. 

Hi Folks, After Selling my 57reg Aygo back around 2013 i am back, i have bought my son who is having driving lessons a 14reg Aygo Move with 58k on the clock. Passed its mot with a couple of advisories so fitted new brake discs and pads yesterday (what a swine the 6mm torx countersink bolt was to get out, ended up drilling them out) and will hopefully will fit a new headlight tomorrow as the old one has water in it. I have bought a service kit so will do that probably next weekend. Drove it back from Birmingham with no issues apart from the aircon needs regassing. Hopefully if and when he passes his test he can spend money on it and not his old Dad. 
Why not get him to do it as he will be asked about basic stuff in he's test

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, gampla said:

Why not get him to do it as he will be asked about basic stuff in he's test

To be fair he was watching me all the time and he will be helping me to remove the bumper tomorrow to fit a new headlight (weather depending), i have had him remove the wheel so he knows how to change a wheel if a puncture happens. 

• Like 1

To be fair he was watching me all the time and he will be helping me to remove the bumper tomorrow to fit a new headlight (weather depending), i have had him remove the wheel so he knows how to change a wheel if a puncture happens. 
Servicing won't hurt him the more he knows less you have to do

• Like 1

I had Toyota ring me up today, asking would you like to have your car serviced, I said it  had already been done, then they asked me who did it, I said I do all my own servicing and then she put the phone down, I have only had the car a year probably though another old fogie who doesn't know anything about cars, I like to do all my own work so that I know it is done probably and save money. ☺️ 

I had Toyota ring me up today, asking would you like to have your car serviced, I said it  had already been done, then they asked me who did it, I said I do all my own servicing and then she put the phone down, I have only had the car a year probably though another old fogie who doesn't know anything about cars, I like to do all my own work so that I know it is done probably and save money. [emoji3526] 
Toyota are con artists they wanted wanted £250 for disc and pads

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simon p said:

I do all my own servicing

Note that your car is a 2016, so would still have a few months of the new car warranty remaining. For the new car warranty to remain unaffected, servicing has to be done by a VAT registered garage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gampla said:

Toyota are con artists they wanted wanted £250 for disc and pads

Which is slightly cheaper than Citroen and Peugeot charge for C1/108 disc and pads using PSA parts (£279). Although one can opt for 'approved parts' (£199).

• Like 1

Mod edit that I paid £70 for oe brakes and got a guy who owed me a favour to fit

Its crazy how much main dealers and garages try to rip you off. I paid £52.26 for Delphi Brake Pads & Discs, £52.49 for a new headlight and £48.99 for a Full Service kit inc oil + Cabin filter. Despite being 56 years old and having dodgy knees and a bad back i still enjoy doing all the work myself and as previously mentioned you know if the work has been done properly. 

• Like 1

Ok i replaced the passenger side headlight today, not a bad job apart from one seized bolt. On removing the bumper i found 2 wires hanging down behind the bumper (near to the end of the grill on both sides) with connections on to fit lights. I know this car had a replacement bumper , i am wondering if the original bumper had Drl's and the replacement bumper has a standard grill. I thought maybe foglights wires but my car only has a stalk with rear foglight switch on.

Running day lights could come as a unit not bulbs so can see why the removed them

10 minutes ago, gampla said:

Running day lights could come as a unit not Bulbs so can see why the removed them

Are the drl's moulded into the plastic grill or fastened on top of the grill. The blue Aygo is my sons car which has a standard grill with no drl's. The orange 2014 aygo is a stock photo with drl's fitted. It looks like when the old owner fitted a replacement bumper it was fitted with the incorrect grill so the drl's were left out (hope that make sense) .

20200829_152913.jpg

s-l1600.jpg