Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth audio issues in Aygo

KeithMac13

Hi, 

My girlfriend just bought a 65 Aygo Xcite on the Tuesday. The car is great and she absolutely loves it. However having an issue with the bluetooth system when trying to play music. Can play music no problem when connecting the phone through a USB cable. When trying to do it from bluetooth the music just plays through the phone. You can control the music on the touchscreen but music doesn’t come through the car. Maybe after 5-10 minutes driving all of a sudden music will come through the car. 

Girlfriend has an iPhone X. All contacts have been able to sync to the system. 

Can someone help with this? Has anybody else had this issue as well? 

Thanks

Also wondering if there is an app as well that we have to download for this to work? Nothing is clear in the manuals and no been able to find much help online either for this. 

thanks again 

Keith 

Have you turned the Hot Spot on ?

Tel

Hi Tel, Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by the Hot Spot? And is it something in the car settings or is it phone settings? 

Thanks 

Keith

The Personal Hotspot in Phone Settings will NOT make any difference.

Try making the connection from the phone in bluetooth settings.

Or try, in the audio setting on the car, setting it to auto connect to phone.

The Personal Hotspot creates a WiFi hotspot, so is nothing to do with bluetooth.

I don't know of any car that needs an App for the bluetooth to connect, certainly not the Aygo.

Put the phone into bluetooth discoverable mode, turn the ignition on and then the phone should see the car and be able to connect.

Not quite the same, but my sister has a Peugeot 108 with touchscreen, hers is a 64 so similar vintage to yours and I have noticed a few times when she starting off the touchscreen doesn't bluetooth connect with her android phone, she has to stop and start car again and then it connects. I don't really drive car enough to have noticed any more, other than that the touchscreen/handsfree works ok. I just accepted it as a 'feature' of the touchscreen.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links