Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Icon 2.0 issues with brakes / rear sensors

MattDCTDU

I just bought a 66plate Icon 2.0 on 14th Aug from a KIA dealer. Not used the car much since as I have a fiesta.

On a recent trip, the brakes where grinding and on checking the front discs where bit hot.

Also the rear parking sensors when I put car into reverse the parking sensor just emitted a continous beep even though nothing was blocking the rear of the car,now everytime i put car in reverse the sensor is beeping constantly until i change out of reverse!!

How do i disable the parking sensors until i can get it checked out and has anyone had a similar problem?

i have cleaned the car today and checked the sensors, they seems to be fine except for one sensor seems bit out of place.

Should I inform the dealership as the car was sold with a 12months warranty.

As the car is less than 5 years, can I claim the remainder of the Toyota Warranty?

any help much appreciated.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the selling dealer (Kia dealer) would be responsible for faults that would be judged as being there when the car was sold. See 'the first six months' section of the following: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

If you take it to a Toyota dealer re the Toyota warranty, if the brakes fault is judged as wear and tear, they wouldn't be covered under the Toyota warranty.

So back to the Kia dealer.

As regards the rear parking sensors, if they were factory fit there should be a switch, probably on the centre console, to disable them. If they were dealer fit, there is probably a small switch somewhere on the boot lining to disable them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links