Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Start

Kev1311

Trading in my beloved GT86 :( for a Rav4 Dynamic Sport. Pick up on Wednesday. 

Can anyone tell me if the newer model of the Rav has remote start for those frosty winter morning?

20 minutes ago, Kev1311 said:

Trading in my beloved GT86 😞 for a Rav4 Dynamic Sport. Pick up on Wednesday. 

Can anyone tell me if the newer model of the Rav has remote start for those frosty winter morning?

No it doesn't, non of the UK Ravs do, I'm assuming your in the UK. 

3 hours ago, 182_blue said:

I am in the UK yeah. Thats a shame. Would have made those dark cold northern mornings a little easier ha.

I was hoping for the remote start as well. My dealer didn’t even know that opening and closing all windows and pano roof was an option on the smart key. Think when I asked for remote start it blew his mind. It’s in the manual!

🥴🥴🥴

I notice that the app will now permit remote heating of the car.....but only if you have the PHEV version.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, Kev1311 said:

On 8/31/2020 at 1:08 PM, 182_blue said:

I did try the remote start method that works on some US/Canadian Gen 5 RAV4s just in case it had been implemented without Toyota telling anyone, but sadly not.

It's not impossible there's a hack somewhere that would enable it, but I've seen no evidence anyone has discovered one.

It's surprising how many features are enabled on UK cars if only we knew and had the ability to use them.

For example, no UK Gen 1 Prius were shipped with cruise control, but it was there and fully working, just minus the switches.  Gen 2 and 3 didn't have the switches on the lowest spec models, but I got my dealer to obtain the switches and installed them on all of the first three generations of Prius.  Other found it worked on Auris Hybrids too.

One early owner of the latest RAV4 posted a photo showing the connector for the wireless phone charging pad was there under the tray in front of the gear knob (although buying official the Toyota charging pad is silly money (£500 plus, IIRC)!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links