Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.33 oil filter tool

Tintaglia

I've read most of the posts about this and I know I need a 64.5mm 14 flute version for my (last of the old model 1.33.)  But no seller ever mentions Yaris.  The Laser 5160 looks to fit the bill but again not a mention of Yaris.  I have read that on some Toyota engines the clearance between the oil filter housing and the sump is an issue.  Can anyone clear this up?  Can I trust that any tool with 64.5 diameter with 14 flutes will fit?  Even the real cheapos like this one!

I bought a cheap eBay one for my 14 reg; works perfectly and as it's only used once a year doesn't need to be high quality.

• Like 1

Does that cheap one in the link look the same as yours Bob?

It looks exactly the same, same dimensions and pattern.

Cheers, I'll go for that I think.  I have several others but all for German cars and the wrong size. 

I tried using the square drive to turn it once and it just chews the metal. Use the outer hex/socket to turn it 

4 hours ago, Iceman29 said:

I tried using the square drive to turn it once and it just chews the metal. Use the outer hex/socket to turn it 

Agreed. I tried the sq. drive and the tool split and I had to buy a replacement. I have a Draper Expert removal tool now which is more expensive than that linked to. In spite of that I still use the hex. drive (27mm socket on mine). There are some available which don't have those slots and are much more likely to "slip", especially on plastic filter covers. They really are essential to engage the "ears" on the aluminium cover.

• Like 1