Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tyres

eygo

the Auris needed a new set of tyres today

i purchased a set of Goodyear efficient grip performance 2's

in a 205/55/16" from kwikfit for £248.20 thought that was a really

good price as they are b for fuel efficency a wet braking and 69db for road noise

i paid for them online at a time to suit me for fitting.

each tyre works out at only £62.05 each for a premium tyre.

• Like 1

Well done 🙂 that does sound like a good deal if it includes fitting and disposal of the old. It is four years since I last had tyres and I used the AA's mobile fitting service which was brilliant all round. Car raised on air cushions, correctly torqued bolts, perfect balance...

Just looking at the invoice, £266 in 2016 for four Dunlop Blue Response Sports, 2055516VDUBR Class: C1, Fuel Code: B, Wet Grip: A, Noise DB: 68, Noise: 1

It certainly pays to shop around.

1 hour ago, Mooly said:

Well done 🙂 that does sound like a good deal if it includes fitting and disposal of the old. It is four years since I last had tyres and I used the AA's mobile fitting service which was brilliant all round. Car raised on air cushions, correctly torqued bolts, perfect balance...

Just looking at the invoice, £266 in 2016 for four Dunlop Blue Response Sports, 2055516VDUBR Class: C1, Fuel Code: B, Wet Grip: A, Noise DB: 68, Noise: 1

It certainly pays to shop around.

that was the drive in drive out price with everything included

Great choice 👍, I have those on my Auris since March, amazing tyres, probably the best one on the market as they were the first generation. Price also bargain. 11k miles since, very little wear. They are ultra soft, keep them well inflated, grip in dry and wet second to none, quietness superb, rolling resistance good too. I was planning to use them in The winter but I decided to keep my older set of wheels with winter tyres on so will be another change soon, after 9 k miles. From the first gen done 20 k miles in one season and sold them to someone with 5-6mm life left in them. 😉🚗

I used Costco a while ago and had Michelin Cross Climates fitted £200 for all 4.  I live high up so they're good for me.

• Thanks 2

My current tyres are Goodyear F1 Eagles size 225-45-r17 with a load rating of 91.  As there are a lot of pot holes in my area I am thinking of replacing my tyres with a load rating of 94.  However I like the quietness of my current tyres.  Does the higher load rating affect road noise? Any recommendation on tyres which have a good balance between low road noise and are more resistant to damage from potholes? 

i have just had a look at the tyre info for your current tyres

and these dunlop sport maxx rt2 are quieter have better

wet braking and the same for fuel economy and are 94 rated

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/search/details/dunlop/dunlop-sport-maxx-rt-2/T1011984

your current tyres

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/search/details/goodyear/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-5/T1021982

Thanks Mark.  I replaced my tyres to the Dunlop ones today.  They seem grippy and quiet. 

I used to fill the non-XL ones (with a load rating of 91) with 33 psi in each tyre.  As the new tyres have a load rating of 94, I was wondering if the psi should still be the same or different to the old tyres?

i always put in 2.5bar / 35psi  a couple of psi more than on the door post

i do this because after a service we always used to find the centres had

more tread than the outside edge so i deemed it necessary to increase the

tyre pressure and now find the tyre wear has levelled out across the tyre

today i have noticed the tyre pressure label on my car and it has an ECO pressure listed

20200913_084604.jpg

going by my label the eco pressure is 12% higher than the normal pressure

I keep mine 2.4 bar front and 2.3 bar rear, 1 bar extra over the oem size recommendation. Tyre wear is even and ride quality is good.