Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 2019 replacement key cost

pany

Hi,

I wondered if anybody has had to replace a key, and what the cost might be. My OH seems to have decided to throw the key away when tidying the drawer. 
The car is going back to the company in 6 weeks and I’m wondering whether to replace or take the hit from the lease company. 

From a Toyota dealer, think you're looking at £150 +.

I paid £164.22 plus setup fee £19.80 for a Gen 4 Prius in 2016 (incl vat) for an extra spare to take on an overseas trip while still leaving one key at home.

But, that didn't include the emergency key as it was silly money - I forget the price (didn't bother with it) but I think it was over £100!

And remember the RAV has an extra button for the boot, which probably bumps the price up a bit.

Try a local car locksmith.  They may be able to clone your key for somewhat less.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:
From a Toyota dealer, think you're looking at £150 +.   

Yep £150 each - even for 2002 Ravs !! 

I bought two generic ‘RAV4’ key cases off eBay for £4.99 then put the old key innards in them !!

Tesco cut them both and put two new batteries in for a tenner each so we got two brand new keys for under £25 rather than the £300 quoted by our local Toyota dealers ..

9f4d26fd32dd2a0634af6f0280acce69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I only got one key fob with the car as I bought it second hand from a big main dealer.  Accidently put it through the washer last month 😲 it did survive though 😊.  Went and asked for a quote for a spare fob (its the push button on the handle/hand in to open) type system.  £310+£30 programming fee was the quote !!!  Wow can you get them anywhere else or are we stuck with it being a dealer job.  "Check your fleece before putting it in the washer is good advice" 😯

Check with one or more local car locksmiths.  If they can do it, it should be cheaper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links