Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for advice on software/map updates on 2019 Excel

Malcolm-RAV4

I have a 2019 RAV4 Excel hybrid and have a couple of questions about software/map updates.

1. When I connect the car to internet, after a while I get a message something like: Download failed, Toyoata server unavailable.
The online setting for Toyota web account is my.toyota.eu
Are these two things related? Don't seem to be able to change that URL anyway.
Does anyone know what the car is trying to download or how I could find out what it's trying to download?

2. I want to do a map update, at present I have this software info:
DCU 17TDT2EU-DA01
MEU 17TMT2EU-FA00
Audio         : 1000
Navigation    : 1512
navdb_version : 943
(These values are under the "Current" column, the "New" column is blank)
So I log-in to my toyota account at mytoyota.co.uk - my car has the device ToyotaTouch2Plus17MMToy
Within the details I get a link to the estore to get a map update from https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore
I follow that link and immediatley there's a message saying to go elsewhere if I do not have "Toyota Touch & Go, Touch & Go 2 or Touch & Go Plus" - is ToyotaTouch2Plus one of these? (If so, I can download the 2020 v1 Map Update from that page for free.)

Thanks for any advice

In car you need to ensure your phone is paired via bluetooth and tethering/hotspot is switched on in your phone.

Open your MyT App on your phone, once open select the Settings cog icon top RH corner, then settings from the menu, then select Car from the two tabs across top of screen, select Activate connected services and follow the setup guide, finally register your multimedia device again following the prompts.

Once the above is done, on the online portal ( on your PC ) login and goto estore here you will see a section for Maps, the latest is 2020v1 add this to your "basket" and again follow the guide to download, extract, add to USB ( 16Gb ) and install into car.

Software updates are handled separately either ask your dealer nicely or at your own risk download, extract and install the updates ( one at a time on USB ) from:

http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TMT2EU-FA00_Latest.zip

http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TDT2EU-DA01_Latest.zip

( note these downloads are specfic to the OP's system and not universal for everyone )

Is there any way of knowing how often the DCU/MEU updates are released?

16 hours ago, duncerduncs said:

Is there any way of knowing how often the DCU/MEU updates are released?

Honestly no, they released in response to faults found and fixed

• Thanks 1

I see V1042 has been released very recently - upgraded my head unit earlier (from v1011). Sadly the release notes were very generic as to issues resolved.

DA - thanks for the advice, have the maps downloaded, waiting for the right moment to update.

Think I'll leave the software updates unless someone identifies a killer improvement.

I see Malcom reports the Toyota link was shown as unavailable.  The message was posted Saturday.  I got a similar message Sunday.  I am downloading today.  It is possible that the messages we got were actually true with the server being down over the weekend for whatever reason?

I received the following information that related to out Post Code not being in the map data.  It is in the Garmin Navteq data and Waze was able to update its map within a couple of days of being told;

I understand you are querying about the mapping data of the Toyota Touch 2 with Go navigation system.

I must inform you, you are provided with 3 Years of free map updates which can be performed OTA (Over the Air) which is the reason why the message was prompted on your multimedia screen. To be able to carry out the update, it needs an internet connection provided to the multimedia system to perform the map update successfully.

With regards to the mapping data, there is a process in ensuring the data is being collated and processed:
• Map development and distribution take a period of 9 – 12 months
• The range of information that goes into each map refresh is increasing; house numbers, speed limits, traffic signs etc.
• The typical cycle is as follows: collection & map creation – continuous, Compilation of new data – 3-9 months, testing and validation –within the same 3-9 months, distribution and sales – 1-2 months.
• A navigation system is only as accurate as the satellite it connects to and the age of the map data, with navigation cycles being 12 months, and satellites only being able to locate your position within an accuracy of 50 – 100m there runs the chance that it won’t include certain roads or buildings despite the age.

Just a note to relate my map update.  The update was quite slow but I suspect that is related to the wifi signal strength.  I didn't time the whole thing but is was in excess of an hour.  Actually this is could be considered good in relation to a Garmin EU update.  The process was longer because the car would shut down the system which had to be restarted.  I don't know if the update would have resumed automatically as I manually restarted each time.  

Once the download was completed it automatically went into the installation mode.  This was about 5-6 percent per minute and a bit longer at the 99% point.  It then reported waiting for restart.  It was not clear whether it would automatically restart but I preempted and the restart reported the new map was installed. The biggest issue was that automatic switch off of the system.

Right at the start of the map process one or two other things were downloaded quickly.  One appeared to be a traffic cam update as previously missing average speed cams suddenly appeared on the map.

I have now set the system to automatic download and would expect that when a new map is available that the car will 'grab' a bit every time it is in range and powered up.  That could take some time!

Hi guys
I have the same headunit
DCU 17TDT2EU-DA01
MEU 17TMT2EU-FA00
with:
Audio         : 1011
Navigation    : 1540

Having an issue with updating maps from 2019v2 to 2020v2 (2019v1 to 2019v2 worked fine).
So far I have downloaded the update files twice, tried 5 different USB drives (all formated in FAT32), FMU folder in the root of USB drive and just ISO files in the root of USB drive.

All I get is the short message: Wait, analising USB for about three seconds and then nothing. I know that USB drive and port are fine, as I can play mp3 from the same USB drive fine.
Any one had this, any idea how to force the map update?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links