Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Issues/Queries?

Aygo1911

Hi, I'm a new 2020 Aygo owner and have a few issues/queries that I'd like help with please, just to put my mind at rest before I go back to the dealers.

1) When idling with air conditioning running, there is a very noticable periodic sound. It seems to be the air conditioning system kicking in, but it seems much louder than what I am used to with other cars. It stops when air conditioning is turned off. Is this normal?

2) There seems to be more water inside the door than I would expect. It is outside the main cabin though. Please see pictures. Is this normal?

Thanks!

IMG-20200906-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200906-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200906-WA0001.jpg

Chris,

If you have SET the your Temperature too far above ambient then that could explain your issue.

Water excess is a fault & requires a Dealer visit unless you can see an obvious fault on your door compared with the O/S rear door.

Tel

The air con on these cars is noticeably noisier than on most others, so I would definitely say that's normal.

• Like 1

As regards the rear doors, are these pictures after rain or after a car wash?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As regards the rear doors, are these pictures after rain or after a car wash?

The pictures were taken after rain. I compared to another card (Ford Focus) which was dry around that area.

Thank you all for your advice.

Air con is loud because of the lack of as much sound deading material compared to say a Yaris with that being a more expensive car. Rain water should not be getting in like that even after washing my Aygo i only get slight water ingress and only along the bottom, new cars are a bit hit and miss my last new Aygo needed the drivers door tightened up after a few uses but my current one has had zero issues 2700 miles from new, have the dealer take look at the door issue and sort it.

Thank you. I'll visit the dealers and see what they say about the seals.

1 hour ago, Aygo1911 said:

Thank you. I'll visit the dealers and see what they say about the seals.

I just popped around to the dealers. They claimed both things are normal.

I'm still slightly concerned about the water, but I guess so long as the water isn't getting into the main car compartment then it should be okay?

The mechanic said his Aygo does the same thing.

My Wife's has zero water issues after 6 months & the climate control system is relatively quiet on our Jan 2020 built car.

Tel

my 2020 has a bit of water coming in after washing, but not enough to panic about. Yours looks similar to mine. I tend to use that water to wash the inside door treads after washing anyway, so it comes in handy.

1) Sound insulation is good but not excellent. If you are used to bigger cars, you will hear and feel more mechanical things in the Aygo. If the car is stopped with the engine on, you can clearly hear the cooling fan getting on and off, for example. I don't like putting the air vent on the strongest power because it is very loud! I can also hear things under the bonnet such as the clutch mechanism. On my Aygo mk1, the car moved from right when I put the windscreen wiper on :D This car is so light.

2) As long as the water remains outside the cabin, I would not worry. Check the door seal, maybe?