Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for the right cat. 2005 celica 190 ts

Charlie TS

Hi, 

Like the alot of people I have had my cat stolen, I put  one on but my management system lights are on.  Help 

Looking a for a new, better or original one. Where can I get? 

FYI: original cat from toyota is 2600 pounds 😳😳😳 (190 Ts 2005) 

I've also been told that if it not an original cat this problem can't be solved? Is this true?  

Thanks

Charlie 

Ps I'm still sorting things out regards to the sensors. Just want to make sure I can get the right parts 

Dont know how strict SMOG regulations are where you live

You can replace CAT with a straight pipe with a 14 mm threaded hole for O2 S2.  Just add an extension tube to the O2 S2 ECU will think the CAT works wonderfully.

If your SMOG techs dont inspect the exhaust for tampering, the car should pass all pollutants test. I just did it.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, CAPTAIN SOLO said:

Dont know how strict SMOG regulations are where you live

You can replace CAT with a straight pipe with a 14 mm threaded hole for O2 S2.  Just add an extension tube to the O2 S2 ECU will think the CAT works wonderfully.

If your SMOG techs dont inspect the exhaust for tampering, the car should pass all pollutants test. I just did it.

Unfortunately here in the UK, the emissions test is strict measuring the relevant gasses, as part of the MOT. This will confirm if the cat is present and working, though some older cars can meet their emissions target without the cat'! Also the EML (management light) is part of the test, so the car will fail on that too. Are the Lambda sensors and cabling present and not damaged? The thieves may have damaged and/or  stolen those, and you have not noticed. Get diagnostic codes to confirm what the issue is. Your best bet is to find a secondhand exhaust from a breaking 190 TS. Some good 3rd party exhaust places can make the exhaust to the exact spec - like Walker who made the original exhaust for my old '98 Avensis. 

This is the first Celica has been targeted, though any car can be victim! Hybrids like the Prius tend to be the most targeted.    

• Like 1

oh they took the front pipe and second cat

Euroflo - ECTY1032TA what's the complete front pipe and cat £374 inc vat (BM Catalysts  BM91297H)

It's made to order by the looks of it

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. The oxegen sensor has to be an original toyota one 177pounds. Sorted 🙂

Check out my friends celica supra 

IMG_20200716_092515.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links