Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

Morning,

I asked my dealer yesterday and was told October but that could be pushed back .. I hope it lands then as my car is due for a service in November. 

I actually don’t really have any problems with the infotainment system really, I don’t know why so many people are getting upset over it. It’s not the best but it works fine - it’ll be tons better with CarPlay though I agree. 

On 6/10/2020 at 10:40 AM, BigPoppaSLO said:

That`s really a joke. If they would open the source code for this excuse of an "entertainment system" i am sure that we would have a solution last year already...

I am really curious how that ukrainian guy managed to flash the firmware to this unit.

Anyone found an alternative headunit from a reputable manufacturer that will fit in our cars?

https://carperformance.se/product/corolla-2019-up-android-extension-2/

From Sweden, but I think 499 EUR for Carplay and Android Auto is not worth it.

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 8:51 AM, Rivorian said:

https://carperformance.se/product/corolla-2019-up-android-extension-2/

From Sweden, but I think 499 EUR for Carplay and Android Auto is not worth it.

I agree. Interesting video's. I think I would prefer to wait, looks a bit bodged job to me! If you can get Toyota to do a better job for £50, why pay 499 Euro. Great, if you have an older Toyota, that is never going to be upgraded, but since the new cars will be, and the update covered by Toyota, it's a no brainer for me.

• Like 2

Mine was in for it's first service yesterday, I asked about getting this fitted, they confirmed Q4 this year when U asked about the cost they said in light of the delay I could take it in and have it fitted any time for £50, not only with a service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's a shame it's delayed but tbh totally understandable given the situation.  we will get it and when it's available i will have it installed 🙂

Just purchased a late 2018 Corolla hatch (E210) from my local dealer in NZ. I'm assuming we have the same infotainment system as the US and OZ, but I enquired about the AA/ACP upgrade when I purchased the car. He told me they could do it for NZ$299. Booked in for the upgrade on 5th July. Will keep you updated as to how things go. 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the car back yesterday and I can confirm that I now have Android auto installed on the infotainment system. I still need to have phone plugged in, set to file transfer over USB, but the screen doesn't need to be turned on for it to operate, and holding down the talk button on the steering wheel activates Google assistant. Really happy with the upgrade and someone who uses Google to control home lighting and my garage door, it really does make a difference. Worth every cent!

IMG20200706132242.jpg

IMG20200706132058.jpg

IMG20200706132418.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wait, did you get it retrofitted? ah are you from New Zealand?

Yes, I did get it retrofitted to my late 2018 Corolla. Just had the standard system in. Was $299 to get it done. And yep, in NZ.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Wait, did you get it retrofitted? ah are you from New Zealand?

Bear in mind that New Zealand has the same multimedia system as the US and Australia (Entune), which is a different unit to that fitted to European market cars (Touch 2).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kiwi_Pom said:

Well I got the car back yesterday and I can confirm that I now have Android auto installed on the infotainment system. I still need to have phone plugged in, set to file transfer over USB, but the screen doesn't need to be turned on for it to operate, and holding down the talk button on the steering wheel activates Google assistant. Really happy with the upgrade and someone who uses Google to control home lighting and my garage door, it really does make a difference. Worth every cent!

IMG20200706132242.jpg

IMG20200706132058.jpg

IMG20200706132418.jpg

Now let them bring it to vehicles in Europe 😞

• Like 1

Good to see it on there...really looking forward to it!

Did anyone notice that in NZ they have changed button placement for rhd cars 🙂 Home, power, volume... are on right side of the unit.

UK:

7-toyota-corolla-hatchback-uk-fd-2019-hy

1 hour ago, BigPoppaSLO said:

Did anyone notice that in NZ they have changed button placement for rhd cars

It is a different multimedia unit to that used in Europe - Entune rather than Touch 2.

my heart rate just sky rocketed through the roof when i saw that and then crushed by the NZ statement 😞 #sadtimes

• Sad 2

Hahahaha yea man me too, had my car serviced yesterday and was told it was pushed back towards the end of the year... sad times indeed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, King Crimson said:

Hahahaha yea man me too, had my car serviced yesterday and was told it was pushed back towards the end of the year... sad times indeed.

yea mine was serviced last week and i didn't even bother asking about it 😄

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.8f242d2a1ce9f056d6135446541cda02.png

So now it`s october 🙄😠. In september it will be december, i am sure...

• Haha 1

Not too far away then, let's hope they will keep their promise this time.

Its unlikely I would be getting it now before my service early next year now. I dont plan to visit the delearship just for this (due to covid). My hope is when booking the service online it can be added to the service.

That being said last year when I asked about it the lady on the service desk started talking about the satnav update (I didnt waste breath trying to explain just said ahh great)

I'm afraid the situation with covid isn't getting any better, haven't checked how the situation in the UK is but i believe we will get back in quarantine by september so the update will propably be pushed back even further.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, King Crimson said:

I'm afraid the situation with covid isn't getting any better, haven't checked how the situation in the UK is but i believe we will get back in quarantine by september so the update will propably be pushed back even further.

I fully expect that as well. A lot of people going about as if its all over now but potentially worse than March is to come. Wait and see I guess is the way forwards...!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just read that someone asked Toyota Bulgaria and they have confirmed the update for September.

Anyone with similar news in other countries?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links