Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

In Estonia it was confirmed for September as well.

• Like 1

I send a message to toyota representative in greece and all i got was what they had told me about 2 months ago, it will be released sometime in autumn.

• Like 2

Google translates the website automatically and it doesn't say anything, it just explains what the two systems do.

Below these there’s the compatibility list and months for models and their production dates, but this website is a positive sign because I have not found anything close to this on other official Toyota websites...

• Like 1

Ah yes i missed that part, it says that  the corolla from january 2019 is eligible for the update.

1912740835_aaacupdate.thumb.JPG.2b5b18cf5409ae264e9c9a9bbe9fd5e7.JPG 

• Like 1

Checked with dealership. They asked to get in contact mid-September. I have a service coming in less than 3000km and I’d rather wait for the mid-Sept. Have to drive less 😄

So this is the info from rav4world.com where I also posted this Polish Toyota link. A user matejjaksa contacted Toyota PL and informed quote:

Just talked with their online support and they said they will start rolling out the update for CarPlay and Android Auto in September and that it will be required to bring the car in for them to do the upgrade.”

I just got my corolla hatchback last week. Apparently it doesn't come with android auto or Carplay even though I bought it new and it should be 2020 model.

I went to the dealership yesterday and they said is quite common for some new cars to not be equipped with it.

Anyway, they said the update will be available early to mid September and they will contact me when it's available.

Ps. I live in Greece

14 hours ago, nikos131 said:

I just got my corolla hatchback last week. Apparently it doesn't come with android auto or Carplay even though I bought it new and it should be 2020 model.

I went to the dealership yesterday and they said is quite common for some new cars to not be equipped with it.

Anyway, they said the update will be available early to mid September and they will contact me when it's available.

Ps. I live in Greece

This is strange. Did You order it or was it a dealership stock car?

I think if there was support for Apple Carplay and Android Auto on the offer feature list then it should be included. When was it manufactured?

Folks, FYI the retrofit update files for AC/AA have been uploaded by Toyota this week, there is a mass of activity over on the Italian and Spanish forums with reports of successfull updates for corolla and rav4 owners. Seems it is an easy update if you have no nav but more complicated if you do, 3x separate USB keys are needed with one needing to be a 32gb. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Keanebg1 said:

Folks, FYI the retrofit update files for AC/AA have been uploaded by Toyota this week, there is a mass of activity over on the Italian and Spanish forums with reports of successfull updates for corolla and rav4 owners. Seems it is an easy update if you have no nav but more complicated if you do, 3x separate USB keys are needed with one needing to be a 32gb. 

I have NAV any ideas what makes it complicated? Is it hassle or more like plugin and play (install)?

1 hour ago, Keanebg1 said:

Folks, FYI the retrofit update files for AC/AA have been uploaded by Toyota this week, there is a mass of activity over on the Italian and Spanish forums with reports of successfull updates for corolla and rav4 owners. Seems it is an easy update if you have no nav but more complicated if you do, 3x separate USB keys are needed with one needing to be a 32gb. 

Where can we find this data?

Toyota Apple Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit

Treads below;

https://www.toyotaclubitalia.it/threads/mini-guida-per-upgrade-carplay-android-auto-corolla-my19.76217/
https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/

Taken from another site:

Summarizing to make the RETROFIT of our Toyota:

USB1 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Harman_Intervention_Script.zip
USB2 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Harman_Panasonic_17MM.zip
USB3 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_DTEN.zip

Car WITHOUT Nav : It is only necessary to use USB3. Download the files to a USB formatted with FAT32. Plug in the car, wait and go.

Car WITH Nav: It takes three steps. Download the files in the three USBs, plug in and update (it starts with USB1, then USB2, to end with USB3)

It is possible that in some case (for example in USB2) that the update has to be launched from "SETUP -> Software Update "because it does not start it automatically. The USB3 seems to take time to update and reboots several times. You have to reboot between each USB.

It is important to follow the steps. For example, after inserting the USB1, do not remove it until it is expressly stated on the screen. If it asks you to restart, you do it with the USB inserted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Going to try it out when i get back from work. I'm actually excited right now lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Going to try it out when i get back from work. I'm actually excited right now lol

Same here, road works have escalated like 170% on Tallinn streets after quiet period of Covid and getting home is like obstacle path. Would love to use Waze on MM screen

1 hour ago, Keanebg1 said:

Toyota Apple Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit

Treads below;

https://www.toyotaclubitalia.it/threads/mini-guida-per-upgrade-carplay-android-auto-corolla-my19.76217/
https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/

Taken from another site:

Summarizing to make the RETROFIT of our Toyota:

USB1 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Harman_Intervention_Script.zip
USB2 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Harman_Panasonic_17MM.zip
USB3 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_DTEN.zip

Car WITHOUT Nav : It is only necessary to use USB3. Download the files to a USB formatted with FAT32. Plug in the car, wait and go.

Car WITH Nav: It takes three steps. Download the files in the three USBs, plug in and update (it starts with USB1, then USB2, to end with USB3)

It is possible that in some case (for example in USB2) that the update has to be launched from "SETUP -> Software Update "because it does not start it automatically. The USB3 seems to take time to update and reboots several times. You have to reboot between each USB.

It is important to follow the steps. For example, after inserting the USB1, do not remove it until it is expressly stated on the screen. If it asks you to restart, you do it with the USB inserted.

So this is something as simple as unzipping to USBs and connecting to the USB slot in the car and can be done by us without needing to go to/paying the dealership?

Also reboot between USB - means power the car off and then back on again?

Thanks for the help! 🙂

• Thanks 1

It’s a shame that CarPlay update is not available for Avensis at all. 

I was really hoping that this day would come. Thank you for the information, will update later today.

• Like 1

if it is 'simple', just put the 3 usb stick in ( ok, very simply shortcutted ), why do they (toyota) tell us it is a dealer upgrade(date)?

• Like 1

I understood that from multimedia without Navigation USB 3 files are enough. If You have Multimedia with Navigation then all 1, 2 and 3 USB files are required. So basically with Navigation You add USB 1 files to your 32GB FAT32 formatted USB and start the update. When this is done You restart the system and use the USB 2 files on the same USB(while removing USB1 files) or another USB and restart after 2nd is done to move to 3rd. The 3rd USB files are the longest.

• Like 2

I am very happy to report back it worked!!!

Firstly a million thanks for sharing the files on here with the instructions, really grateful. Saved time and money wasted at a dealership.

Mines a March 2019 Corolla, with navigation was very easy to do (all you need is the patience!)

- First USB files prep the system

- Second USB files update the audio/system software to where it can be updated to

- Third USB is the one that installs AA

for USB 2 and 3 you need to put the contents of the extracted folders onto the root of the USB. For the first one just the folder that contains the files.

Thanks again and happy motoring to all! 🙂 

Edit: Just to add I have only 1 usb stick so had to run backwards and forwards deleting the files and then putting new ones one but did the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Chattacks said:

I am very happy to report back it worked!!!

Firstly a million thanks for sharing the files on here with the instructions, really grateful. Saved time and money wasted at a dealership.

Mines a March 2019 Corolla, with navigation was very easy to do (all you need is the patience!)

- First USB files prep the system

- Second USB files update the audio/system software to where it can be updated to

- Third USB is the one that installs AA

for USB 2 and 3 you need to put the contents of the extracted folders onto the root of the USB. For the first one just the folder that contains the files.

Thanks again and happy motoring to all! 🙂 

Edit: Just to add I have only 1 usb stick so had to run backwards and forwards deleting the files and then putting new ones one but did the same thing.

Super! I will head home and make the update asap.

glad it worked for You!

• Thanks 1

Now some one who has a RAV4 2019 😈 to try it 😇

• Haha 2