Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

The multi media unit in my 2019 Corolla (without the sat nav) is the 17tdt1eu-da02 version.  Can anyone advise if it us safe to update this version with USB3 above?  Terrified I'll make a hash of the system already installed.

The links dont seem to work. 
Has anyone downloaded the update?

17 minutes ago, nikos131 said:

Has anyone downloaded the update?

See earlier posts

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

See earlier posts

I mean that the download links dont work for me. The files are not found.

22 minutes ago, nikos131 said:

I mean that the download links dont work for me. The files are not found.

For some reason Greek Ips are blocked. 

I was only being able to access them through vpn.

• Like 1

Hi all,
I know this is probably dumb question but I'll ask anyway. Will that update work on US RAV4?

Thank you

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've doubt it. this software is made to upgrade MM17 systems

I've doubt it. this software is made to upgrade MM17 systems
Another dumb question then. How to find out what is my system?

you should be able to find your 'software' version in the update menu... I suppose you have a Entune system?

you should be able to find your 'software' version in the update menu... I suppose you have a Entune system?
Yes, it is entune system. I'll check the version later and post here.

Different system. US, Canada, Australia, etc have Entune. Europe has Touch 2.

I can confirm that the update works for screens with version 17TD1EU-DA02.

I suggest you use a USB 3.0 flash drive at least 32 gigs. Also, note that the updates takes a lot of time. Mine took at least 40 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

mmm I have a 17TDT2EU-DA01

Just to make sure, i don't have navigation so i only need the 3rd link? Correct?

1 minute ago, King Crimson said:

Just to make sure, i don't have navigation so i only need the 3rd link? Correct?

The guys suggest to try the second USB first. I tried at mine and nothing happened. I guess I was already fully updated.

I then used usb 3 (the big one 21 gigs) and waited  until the screen said the update finished.

It takes time and a lot of reboots.

• Thanks 1

Oh i see, got my vpn on now on a spanish server and downloading the links. Will propably install tomorrow since they take forever to download....

Yes, it is entune system. I'll check the version later and post here.

So checked my version, it is:
17TDT1NA-CA02

Ladies and Gents, I know everyone is eager to get their cars updated, however a word of caution there is currently no provision for "self updates" and there is a possibility of things going wrong. Toyota can see via diagnostics logs what has been going on and if you do happen to break something you will NOT be covered by warranty if you have been trying to self update.

Hello,

Yes, I have also put it on hold right now, at first it seemed easy update, but more problems have emerged in these forums.

I waited so long for this that i don`t care if i would brick something. I am totally aware that i did this on my own risk.

I succesfuly updated my 17TD1EU-DA02 to 17TDT1EU-DA30 and the options for Apple carplay and android auto showed up. Both are working. 

In the end i applied the update from toyota-tech.eu over it and now i have 1075 software version.

I have a unit without navigation module and used only usb3 for installation.

92fc5c6c-67ff-4b9e-8375-70bb0cf6be33-jpe

There are a few of us in Slovenija now that did the update and everything works as it should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say it looks so awesome... I can't wait to have it.
But mine is with navigation and it seems these are more problematic...

Anyone else successfully done it on 2019 Corolla with navigation?
I am almost convinced to try...

Btw, spoke with my dealer.
He confirmed, that there are official internal emails that from 15.09 they can order the flash drives for the update (probably these drives are what we have here to download...). But he said once we order them, until they are delivered and start updating it will be October probably.

4 minutes ago, Rivorian said:

I have to say it looks so awesome... I can't wait to have it.
But mine is with navigation and it seems these are more problematic...

I apologize for not reading the source forum, but can you please summarize what might go wrong on a car with navigation and how many people experienced it vs successful updates?
Does the whole unit becomes unusable if things go south and you have to go to dealer for fixing?

I want to calculate a bit my chances and the risk and decide if I want to wait another month or so, or try to do it myself...

Yeah, I translated the link in Google Chrome and read posts Yesterday, so there was 3 things I noted:

1) There's one guy who was unfortunately able to somehow brick the device or at least that's what he says and Dealership made an offer for 2000 EUR + VAT.

2) Then there's many cases where the 3rd USB update is not successful so they get a RED screen with information saying "change of the device may be required" or something which in mentioned cases was solved with restarting of the car. Everything was as it was before inserting USB3 - new software but no Carplay support. 

3) Then there's case when 3rd USB seems to work, but after a while gets stuck with nothing happening. Restarting of the car works and everything is as it was before, but if tried again the same happens..

So as I understood, USB 1 prepares the system for the progress. USB 2 updates the Multimedia software (with fixing the Home menu view stuck in north). USB 3 adds carplay and android auto... Simplified. 🙂

So until there's 100% confirmed progress, I am not OK in my head to risk bricking it right now. Especially as the update could be available in few weeks. I would feel dumb in 2 weeks if i'd brick the device, pay 2000 EUR + VAT because I wanted carplay and now it would be available at the dealership with no risks for me.

Thank you.
I briefly looked in the linked forum, but there is another issue even for successful CarPlay installations - car not working with MyT and the need to re-add the car as new.

I hope the official update will avoid this as I would like to keep my existing trip, consumption, etc. data...