Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

39 minutes ago, vonkhaled said:

I can’t see how this would void any warranty

As Devon Aygo said in his earlier post, the update isn't designed to be self install. So if a self install went wrong, as a Toyota dealer hadn't installed it, it wouldn't be covered under the new car warranty.

Same scenario if an owner bought an accessory and installed it themselves - the accessory would be covered under the 12 month accessory warranty for manufacturing faults, but the installation wouldn't be covered as a Toyota dealer hadn't installed it.

The same would apply with any vehicle manufacturer.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As Devon Aygo said in his earlier post, the update isn't designed to be self install. So if a self install went wrong, as a Toyota dealer hadn't installed it, it wouldn't be covered under the new car warranty.

Same scenario if an owner bought an accessory and installed it themselves - the accessory would be covered under the 12 month accessory warranty for manufacturing faults, but the installation wouldn't be covered as a Toyota dealer hadn't installed it.

The same would apply with any vehicle manufacturer.

Yes, that makes sense of course. I’m glad my update went well and everything’s working 🙏🏼

My DCU is 17TDT1EU_DA02 sound version was 1020. After the making update with thw way of polish forums etc. DCU number is remains but sound is 1023. Its should be DA30 ? right and nothing about carplay 

13 minutes ago, brkekc said:

My DCU is 17TDT1EU_DA02 sound version was 1020. After the making update with thw way of polish forums etc. DCU number is remains but sound is 1023. Its should be DA30 ? right and nothing about carplay 

It should change. Do you have navigation? If not, try the update with just the USB 3. But make sure your usb memory is formated to FAT32 and that you transfer the right extracted files to the memory.

When doing the update, don't take out the usb memory until the blue screen appears and the cars says to remove it and turn the car off). Also check your settings on your iPhone to make sure everythings setup for Apple CarPlay.

This is what should be on the usb memory before attempting the update on the car: 

Namnlös.jpg

Tried the upgrade today.
USB1 - ok

USB2 - ok

USB3 - received red screen error 001. I restarted the car and the installation is stuck on line 69 DCU [REPRO]Vup Completed

Any ideas?

18 hours ago, desire86 said:

BTW, does this update break car the guarantee ? Or only the head unit guarantee?

See Devon Aygo's post of 27/08@11.38. 

As the update isn't designed for self install, problems occurring during self install won't be covered under warranty. The new car warranty covers the head unit for manufacturing faults.

23 hours ago, Rivorian said:

Hello,

So I as well gave up waiting and tried this retrofit(having free time is terrible). 🙂

Yesterday I was in the same position as You. Software was updated (north view fixed, newer audio number etc), but no Carplay. I also prepared files on MAC choosing MS-DOS (FAT) believing it would not make much difference - because map updates have been OK before as well.

So today morning there was some news that a Polish club member had found a solution here:

!!! Translated with Google !!!

Okay, I made it despite the error while updating USB3. Below is a short tutorial on how I did it, for everyone who also has this problem:

• If the update was unsuccessful and you see a failure message that threatens to replace the radio, remove the pendrive from the radio
  • Hold the on / off button (volume knob) to reset the device
  • The device will return to the same screen. Wait for half of the screen to turn green and hold the on / off button again to reset it again and go back to your normal home screen
  • Open the USB3 flash drive on your computer and delete the phaseup.dat file from it
  • Insert the flash drive into the car and perform the update again
  • When you see a blue screen saying success, turn the ignition switch off and on
  • Go to Settings> General> Software Update
  • You should be able to see the Audio 1011 version
  • Click "Model Information" and remember the DCU Part Number
  • Open the USB3 flash drive on the computer, enter VehicleParameter, DCU and the folder corresponding to the number from the previous step
  • In the DCU / FactoryID folder, you will find the env_pana.txt file. Open it up
  • Find the line starting with "VP_PANA_model_ID" and write down the model
  • Go back to the root directory on the pendrive and delete the file corresponding to your current DCU model, remembering its name
  • Rename the file with the model name found in the file two steps above to the name of the file you just deleted
  • Connect the flash drive to the car, wait for the update to complete

During the process, the system language reset to English for me, the DCU version of course has not changed, but Carplay works :)

So, what I did: 

1. formated the 32GB Sandisk USB to FAT32 on Windows;
  2. loaded all the USB 3 files to above prepared USB
  3. deleted "phaseup.dat" file from the root of the USB 3.
  4. inserted USB stick into the car and started the car
  5. the UPDATE begun and I waited until the blue screen said "successful" 
  6. shut the car down, removed USB and started car up
  7. checked under Settings -> General -> Software update
  8. did not have Audio 1011 but 1020, but went on and checked Model Information and added a note of DCU model number and DCU Part numbers (in my case 86140-02740)
  9. inserted the same USB back into the computer and from the root went to following folders: "VehicleParameter -> DCU -> and looked for the DCU Part number I noted down before (so in my case 86140-02740. Then from there I went as follows: DCU -> FactoryID -> and opened "env_pana.txt" file. 
  10. in the env_pana.txt file search for the line "VP_PANA_model_ID=" and note down the following model number (in my case 17TDT2EU-DA30)
  11. then go back to the root directory of the USB and delete the file corresponding to your CURRENT DCU model number, in my case 17TDT2EU-DA02 so I deleted file 17TDT2EU-DA02_7910.kwi BUT remembered (copied to notes/notepad) the file name.
  12. I then looked for the file consisting of 17TDT2EU-DA30 which in my case is 17TDT2EU-DA30_7910.kwi and renamed it into 17TDT2EU-DA02_7910.kwi
  13. After this is done, I shut down the car, inserted USB, started car up and let it finish the installation.

There's many success stories now to this problem as well, but mine ended with no Carplay function when pressing SETUP menu. I thought well it's yet another fail UNTIL I plugged in my phone - and voila, the car offered me CARPLAY.

I have only small issue now - the CARPLAY option can be seen under AUDIO, but not under SETUP. When I use Carplay and press SETUP the menu is overlayed over Carplay and not accessible. To work around this I have to press HOME and then setup.

Small bug but I think if I do not find a solution to this I will ask for the dealership to check and fix it for me. 😄

I am glad I can FINALLY use the carplay and the car feels like new now as well..

36139691-336B-4B2E-BAFA-4C8AD7DFCF98.jpeg

ABD05ED6-ED45-438E-AC85-D8C70F4ADF9C.jpeg

92F3C119-6D6D-4B55-B0FA-02ACA0F3A27C.jpeg

13D612E5-6033-4DC3-A23B-C45518A9B535.jpeg

17F2E6F7-D846-46E5-97A2-340B72F40E01.jpeg

43 minutes ago, desire86 said:

Tried the upgrade today.
USB1 - ok

USB2 - ok

USB3 - received red screen error 001. I restarted the car and the installation is stuck on line 69 DCU [REPRO]Vup Completed

Any ideas?

See Rivorians post, It might be of help to you. Good luck! 🙂 

3 hours ago, vonkhaled said:

6 hours ago, vonkhaled said:

It should change. Do you have navigation? If not, try the update with just the USB 3. But make sure your usb memory is formated to FAT32 and that you transfer the right extracted files to the memory.

When doing the update, don't take out the usb memory until the blue screen appears and the cars says to remove it and turn the car off). Also check your settings on your iphone to make sure everythings setup for Apple CarPlay.

This is what should be on the usb memory before attempting the update on the car: 

Namnlös.jpg

First of all thank you for your kindly answer . Well, I actually putted usb3 then had stuck on line 69 DCU [REPRO]Vup Completed. then i have tried  this 

So, what I did: 

8. did not have Audio 1011 but 1020, but went on and checked Model Information and added a note of DCU model number and DCU Part numbers (in my case 86140-02740)
  9. inserted the same USB back into the computer and from the root went to following folders: "VehicleParameter -> DCU -> and looked for the DCU Part number I noted down before (so in my case 86140-02740. Then from there I went as follows: DCU -> FactoryID -> and opened "env_pana.txt" file. 
  10. in the env_pana.txt file search for the line "VP_PANA_model_ID=" and note down the following model number (in my case 17TDT2EU-DA30)
  11. then go back to the root directory of the USB and delete the file corresponding to your CURRENT DCU model number, in my case 17TDT2EU-DA02 so I deleted file 17TDT2EU-DA02_7910.kwi BUT remembered (copied to notes/notepad) the file name.
  12. I then looked for the file consisting of 17TDT2EU-DA30 which in my case is 17TDT2EU-DA30_7910.kwi and renamed it into 17TDT2EU-DA02_7910.kwi
  13. After this is done, I shut down the car, inserted USB, started car up and let it finish the installation.

29 minutes ago, brkekc said:

First of all thank you for your kindly answer . Well, I actually putted usb3 then had stuck on line 69 DCU [REPRO]Vup Completed. then i have tried  this 

So, what I did: 

8. did not have Audio 1011 but 1020, but went on and checked Model Information and added a note of DCU model number and DCU Part numbers (in my case 86140-02740)
  9. inserted the same USB back into the computer and from the root went to following folders: "VehicleParameter -> DCU -> and looked for the DCU Part number I noted down before (so in my case 86140-02740. Then from there I went as follows: DCU -> FactoryID -> and opened "env_pana.txt" file. 
  11. then go back to the root directory of the USB and delete the file corresponding to your CURRENT DCU model number, in my case 17TDT2EU-DA02 so I deleted file 17TDT2EU-DA02_7910.kwi BUT remembered (copied to notes/notepad) the file name.
  12. I then looked for the file consisting of 17TDT2EU-DA30 which in my case is 17TDT2EU-DA30_7910.kwi and renamed it into 17TDT2EU-DA02_7910.kwi

DCU: 17DBT1EU-02DA

AUDIO: was 1020. now 1023

without navigation and usb1 ,usb2 didnt work either.

Need help ! 😄

i preciated . 

Hello gave such an error after installing my new software. how do i fix it.

photo5938327397151650654.jpg

photo5938327397151650655.jpg

Hello gave such an error after installing my new software. Screen does not turn on, does not reload. how do i fix it.

I think the guys above experienced a similar issue, check what they have said.

3 hours ago, omerx said:

Hello gave such an error after installing my new software. Screen does not turn on, does not reload. how do i fix it.

Is the USB still in? If yes, shut down the car completely, remove the USB and try again.

after that I would plug the USB into my computer, remove phaseup.dat file from the root and plug in the USB again. Start up the car, finish the update and then remove the USB, shut down the car. Once that is done I would plug the USB to the computer, make the renaming changes I mentioned above and try again.

but for the future: 

Guys there’s quite many troubles with the update and now it’s first of September - please do not try to update Your media systems. Lots of information from now that there will be an update and it will surely happen 2nd part of September or beginning of October. There’s many guys in Spanish Corolla Club with sleepness night and 1 guy already changed the system for ~850€

let’s be patient and not brick our car Multimedia systems..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vonkhaled said:

So I tried the renaming solution, but after 1-2 tries the HU did not recognise anymore the USB3. Also tried to add the original USB3 files but the update process is not triggered anymore. 

So at the moment I successfully ran the update on USB1 & USB2, but the USB3 update is not triggered anymore when USB is inserted. (tried also with different USB drive), and current software versions are the one listed in the pic. 

UpdateUSB3.thumb.jpg.8cbaff4ad05a656f7a9dddb5a963c08b.jpg

- Also, tried an update with latest version of the Touch 2 Maps and that was triggered and maps were updated. So HU works ok but still does not contain carplay. If anybody heard about workarounds on USB3 update not recognised let me know.

Edited by desire86
Correction

6 minutes ago, desire86 said:

Also, tried an update with latest version of the Entune Maps and that was triggered and maps were updated. So HU works ok but still has the Entune 2.0 and not 3.0 that contains  carplay. If anybody heard about workarounds on USB3 update not recognised let me know.

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, and Europe doesn't have Entune - having Touch 2, which is a different system to Entune. Entune is for the US, Canada, Australia, etc.

22 minutes ago, desire86 said:

So I tried the renaming solution, but after 1-2 tries the HU did not recognise anymore the USB3. Also tried to add the original USB3 files but the update process is not triggered anymore. 

So at the moment I successfully ran the update on USB1 & USB2, but the USB3 update is not triggered anymore when USB is inserted. (tried also with different USB drive), and current software versions are the one listed in the pic. 

UpdateUSB3.thumb.jpg.8cbaff4ad05a656f7a9dddb5a963c08b.jpg

- Also, tried an update with latest version of the Touch 2 Maps and that was triggered and maps were updated. So HU works ok but still does not contain carplay. If anybody heard about workarounds on USB3 update not recognised let me know.

Did You try with USB cable and connection phone? Please note that to get Carplay show up your phone needs to be paired with Multimedia device as well. Also if it does not show up maybe Delete personal data and try again....

If it's ENTUNE though - it's US system...

the USB3 download link presents only some XML file error, no zip file to downoad 

You need to use a vpn and connect to a spanish server, i used PrivateVPN which gives you 30 day free trial

a belgian user reported that after loading the USB1 file, there was just one file in it... and it was : " nice try "...

Schermafbeelding 2020-09-03 om 11.40.36.png

• Haha 1

LOL really?

Yep can confirm first file contains a txt and when you open it it says nice try. All other files are also taken down even though i was connected with vpn to a spanish server which few days ago worked

Hallo to everyone, today I made a call to my local dealer (Greece - Thessaloniki) and they didn't have a clew about updating to android auto.

Yeap i find the dealers here in greece to be quite incompetent, not sure about other countries but their lack of knowledge about the cars that they sell is incredible

I emailed my dealer last Friday before doing the update, to hear if the official update was on the horizon. They came back with a reply on Monday that they didn’t know when the update was going to be available. I’m so happy I did the update and hopefully made Toyota lose some money! It took them 1 1/5 after the launch of the Corolla in Europe to write some codes for the update. The worlds biggest auto maker! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links