Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

Could be the multimedia unit manufacturer writing the codes for the update.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Could be the multimedia unit manufacturer writing the codes for the update.

You cant say that Panasonc is a small company though.. They should have completed the upgrading process months ago..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coroneus said:

You cant say that Panasonic is a small company though

No, and I haven't. But the issue probably lies with the supplier, in this case Panasonic or whoever, rather than Toyota.

But at the end the customer does not care who exactly is responsible for the problem. We have made a deal with Toyota by buying their car and being promised that there will be such update. We do not have any relation to Panasonic or any other supplier and we shouldn't. It is Toyota's responsibility to sort their internal issues and provide the customers with what was promised long, long time ago.

As it was written many pages back in this topic, there is large number of customers (like me), which bought that car because of that promise and believing that it will arrive shortly. The fact that we have 10 pages already on this topic and the fact that we have so many people risking their warranties and trying the update from a leaked files only proves how important feature appears to be that CarPlay/Android Auto...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

However, the promises were probably made by dealership staff who, at the time wouldn't be aware of the timescales involved in getting the update produced and out to dealers, plus Covid-19 played a part in delays. That's the way it is.

Yes, but I don't care who made the promise.

The sales person is employee of the dealership, which is official representative of Toyota.

And we have here so many people from different EU countries with so many different dealerships that demand and expect the same thing - obviously this is not a single case of someone personally deciding on its own to take advantage and promise something...Obviously they were told so globally. And obviously, that leak proves the development of the update is already done.

So Covid is not an excuse anymore. We are not talking about difficulties like shipping physical parts all over the world with still problematic cargo, etc. It's a question of sending official internal information to dealers and sharing the files in their internal infrastructure. As simple as that.

But now, even after the consequences of the leak (and the fact, that the files are not available anymore, shows that Toyota is well aware what have happened and how many people obviously want this so much, that are willing to risk their warranties) they still do not provide clear information to dealers.

To me this is a very bad sign of how Toyota handles its company, dealers, suppliers, etc. and how it treats its customers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I updated my head unit with the files here, it took around an hour and it worked, but I have to say I'm not sure it really worth that much of debate about such a travial thing. Basically the only thing that I think it is useful is the Google map which I have to connect my phone with usb cable and I don't like it. So all and all I don't think you would lose anything if you don't have the Anroid auto, I don't know about Apple Carplay though. 

If you have a Panasonic head unit, and the unit is matches the file in the update I would say go ahead, there shouldn't be an issue, otherwise just wait, unless you are exploring a new palces everyday or you need to use the navigation for your every trip then you really need a good navigation, otherwise I think you can have access every  things via Bluetooth  on your phone wihch is way more convenient than using the usb cable.

That's my thoughts by the way. 😁

• Like 1

The information has been VERY clear. The update will NOT be available until Q3 2020, October at the earliest. 

24 minutes ago, OXYGEN said:

The sales person is employee of the dealership, which is official representative of Toyota.

First and foremost, the sales person represents the company who are selling the vehicle - the dealer. If you go into John Lewis to buy a washing machine, the sales person represents John Lewis, and not Siemens, Samsung or whoever. Representing the manufacturer comes some way down the line. If you think anything else, well .......

Back to the main topic subject.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OXYGEN said:

Yes, but I don't care who made the promise.

And we have here so many people from different EU countries with so many different dealerships that demand and expect the same thing - obviously this is not a single case of someone personally deciding on its own to take advantage and promise something...Obviously they were told so globally. And obviously, that leak proves the development of the update is already done.

So Covid is not an excuse anymore. We are not talking about difficulties like shipping physical parts all over the world with still problematic cargo, etc. It's a question of sending official internal information to dealers and sharing the files in their internal infrastructure. As simple as that.

But now, even after the consequences of the leak (and the fact, that the files are not available anymore, shows that Toyota is well aware what have happened and how many people obviously want this so much, that are willing to risk their warranties) they still do not provide clear information to dealers.

To me this is a very bad sign of how Toyota handles its company, dealers, suppliers, etc. and how it treats its customers.

Its Toyota Europe... they have made a total mess of the infotainment solutions - they are so behind.  They just dont get it. Customers want and expect a fast clean tablet/phone like experience from their cars' infotainment systems and as the existing 'Toyota Touch with Go' is so so poor they must give everyone AA/AC like every other brand in Europe. The internet and youtube lets everyone see what offered in the other markets - US and Australia/Japan etc... we can all see they can do it if they want, its just cost cutting and penny pinching decisions from an out of date, out of touch (sic) Toyota Europe....  Covid was never an excuse, you can clearly see the developer notes and dates in the update files from October 2019 when it was ready!

At this point given the leaks and wide spread self retrofitting... they should release all the documentation, files and sides to help customers...

(and add AA/AC to the all cars where they are refusing to pay the AA/AC licensing and rights for Camry, Lexus ES, Lexus LS etc... Mod edit)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Keanebg1 said:

At this point given the leaks and wide spread self retrofitting... they should release all the documentation, files and sides to help customers...

No they shouldn't, it's not ready for release, why can't people understand that? When it is ready, with correct tried and tested, licenced files, it will be released, as has been stated many times. Not before October

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Parts-King said:

The information has been VERY clear. The update will NOT be available until Q3 2020, October at the earliest. 

I disagree...I bought Toyota September 2019 and they promised install CarPlay within 1-2 months. It was my mandatory requirement for new car and I was prepared to go to other Brands. Then I received another message about postponing release and another (with, sorry, stupid blaming COVID) ... So result today (1 year after purchase) is: I have big color display with b&w radio stations only... If stuffs promised because they are money driven to sell car, this is cultural problem of Toyota, but I prefer fair communication to build trust instead promises ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the end of the day, Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota. As far as we're aware, Toyota never visit the club, and they certainly won't reply to complaints posted on the club.

So if members wish to complain, then do so directly to Toyota, otherwise these comments do absolutely nothing to help people get the updates installed.

Move away from arguing, or the topic will be locked, and similar action may be taken on the relevant topic in the Rav 4 club.

I guess I am the odd one out here, but I bought the car because it was a damn good drive. The Infotainment system was of no concern to me. I'll take the update when it comes out officially, because it keeps the car up to date if I decide to sell privately.

I understand it must be very important to many, though. My dealer made no such promises, and just sold the infotainment as it is. Bad news if some dealers sold on the update, when they were never sure when it would actually happen.

I love the turn indicators on the central display, and would not want to lose that benefit by using my mobile phone to navigate instead. I'd rather see an improvement to the Toyota system, for it to include more accurate guide to actual house numbers. But It's great not to have a Garmin stuck to the windshield any more, like I am used to in my other vehicle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think as a whole be thankful that its standard in future Toyota vehicles. Its become a standard feature so theres no other choice. Regarding the update sure some of us have done it and others are frustrated waiting for it but if you werent able to/cant update it yourself you will have to just be patient for the official channels.

Also sorry for this slightly off topic bit mods but I wanted to say my piece:

What many of you must consider is that the Toyota dealership is as far removed from Toyota. The problem in the UK (not sure of US/EU) is that its "some idiots ltd" trading as a franchise of Toyota. The sales people are literally just that, sales people. Theres no passion. Its a product they sell, earn commission on and they a lot of the time are clueless and dont care. The same is said for the service departments. There are probably a few passionate mechanics buts its all about making the most money for least effort. When I've had my car(s) serviced its its usually some random kids in the dealership doing the work.

Technology wise Toyota play it safe to make sure everything works and is reliable hence I guess they are late to the party.

The only real way you'll get true Japanese Toyota service is in Japan. The entire culture around pride of work and representation of your company is light years ahead. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4UxbDgGhc  < --- Compare that to what you see and expect at your local dealer regardless of manufacturer in the UK and you'll understand a lot of the argument of the sales person/person at the dealer said x or y is not valid for jimmy two !Removed! and his sales man buddies.

Sorry again for off topic mods.

So week after leek upgrade files to AC/AA i want to summarize my experiences.

I have Toyota Corolla 2019 sedan in highest configuration 1.6 petrol without navigation, but with large display (in that time was not possible to buy navigation, because they already expected AC/AA) and I bought it september 2019. DCU is 17TDT1EU-DA02, 86140-02820. Audio version 1020. I tried several times upgrade with files prepared on MAC (last weekend) and Win10 (this weekend) and no success. With renaming method from Polish server I upgraded audio, but no add AC/AA. Error is still the same - after approx 10 minutes process freeze (Installing DCU Main - DCU [Repro]Vup Completed). I used 5 different USB sticks, some formatted from manufacturer, some on Win10. Thanks to God, alter all unsuccessful attempts Multimedia unit restored itself to previous configuration.
IMHO problem is NOT related to which system you use to prepare files (they are exactly the same - from MAC and PC), and also it's not related to USB flash manufacturer.  Moreover it's related to some specific configuration of Multimedia unit to it is just random...basically there is no exact step-by step manual how to be 100% successful in upgrade.

Primary reason that I want update is, that big navigation screen matters for me and I'm really tired after 1 year waiting. I understand for some other people it's not important, but for me is car working tool, I don't care "great driving experiences" of specific Brand, I just want car which I can trust and is comfortable for me. I use navigation on daily base and is much safer to use big screen, than iPhone display.

Now I will wait till Toyota release upgrade - I'm already waiting 12 months, so I believe till Christmas will be upgrade ready.... They already announced on official Facebook pages upgrade will be soon and (believe thanks to leak) free. 

• Like 1

So what happend to the last reply here? Some guy posted a link to the update i think but it's gone now

On 8/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Keanebg1 said:

Toyota Apple Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit

Treads below;

https://www.toyotaclubitalia.it/threads/mini-guida-per-upgrade-carplay-android-auto-corolla-my19.76217/
https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/

Taken from another site:

Summarizing to make the RETROFIT of our Toyota:

USB1 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Harman_Intervention_Script.zip
USB2 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Harman_Panasonic_17MM.zip
USB3 : http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_DTEN.zip

Car WITHOUT Nav : It is only necessary to use USB3. Download the files to a USB formatted with FAT32. Plug in the car, wait and go.

Car WITH Nav: It takes three steps. Download the files in the three USBs, plug in and update (it starts with USB1, then USB2, to end with USB3)

It is possible that in some case (for example in USB2) that the update has to be launched from "SETUP -> Software Update "because it does not start it automatically. The USB3 seems to take time to update and reboots several times. You have to reboot between each USB.

It is important to follow the steps. For example, after inserting the USB1, do not remove it until it is expressly stated on the screen. If it asks you to restart, you do it with the USB inserted.

Have you tried on Camry?

Those links are now dead the 1st downloads a ZIP with a single TXT file stating "nice try" and the other two are dead links leading to an XML file.

Can you post again what you talked about system requirements? DCU is 17TDT1EU-DA02 i think and audio 1000, should i do it?

48 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Can you post again what you talked about system requirements? DCU is 17TDT1EU-DA02 i think and audio 1000, should i do it?

you must upgrade the audio version first, so usb 2 must be installed first

Ok do you have the link for USB 2? Because i didn't download it when it came out

3 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Ok do you have the link for USB 2? Because i didn't download it when it came out

I have it, but I have no space on the drive, about 9gb size, I share it when I find an empty place

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links