Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

4 hours ago, Picklock said:

Do you also have usb1?

I've managed to download the latest MEU and DCU software from techdocs which I assume usb2 is however I have a feeling usb1 enables a bootloader to change the DA id.

6 hours ago, eskemoiain said:

USB1'iniz de var mı?

Techdocs'tan en son MEU ve DCU yazılımını indirmeyi başardım, bunun usb2 olduğunu varsayıyorum ancak usb1'in bir bootloader'ın DA kimliğini değiştirmesini sağladığını hissediyorum.

usb1 https://yadi.sk/d/mz289aepsvQxyw

I added it as a link here too
vehicles in my country have version DCU 17TDT1EU-DA02 / DCU 86140-02820 (no navigation)
In this case it is enough to just install usb3

Europe wide MM17 devices (Denso / Panasonic)
America Entune3 and software differences

If your device version is lower than the version in my country, I think you need to start with usb1 and continue with usb2 and usb3.

How the software should be installed, post-software plus and minus situations, fine tuning, phone settings, etc. I had an article I told, but admin deleted it

a footnote: My vehicle was released on November 15/2019, the version difference of those who bought vehicles in the previous months is due to this.

I am based in Ireland and have been following this topic on TOC for some time now.  My main focus is to see if/when Toyota UK will roll out retro fit software to dealerships in the UK.  Toyota Ireland should not be to far behind (fingers crossed). 

Even with a background in IT I avoided the temptation to upgrade myself, using the links above.  "If it can go wrong it probably will go wrong" - Just not worth the risk IMO.

4 hours ago, Picklock said:

usb1 https://yadi.sk/d/mz289aepsvQxyw

I added it as a link here too
vehicles in my country have version DCU 17TDT1EU-DA02 / DCU 86140-02820 (no navigation)
In this case it is enough to just install usb3

Europe wide MM17 devices (Denso / Panasonic)
America Entune3 and software differences

If your device version is lower than the version in my country, I think you need to start with usb1 and continue with usb2 and usb3.

How the software should be installed, post-software plus and minus situations, fine tuning, phone settings, etc. I had an article I told, but admin deleted it

a footnote: My vehicle was released on November 15/2019, the version difference of those who bought vehicles in the previous months is due to this.

Thanks for that. Ive just been looking at the sh script and theres some encoded commands at the end of the file which seems a bit suspicious. I'm trying to reverse engineer it to find out what its doing but I'm having trouble on my sandbox VM. Until I know what this is doing Im staying away.

On that note I wonder if anyone has the MD5 or SHA1 sum for the files?

image.thumb.png.be3a11c9836cfd9b7cdb6d8a85a7509e.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eskemoiain said:

Thanks for that. Ive just been looking at the sh script and theres some encoded commands at the end of the file which seems a bit suspicious. I'm trying to reverse engineer it to find out what its doing but I'm having trouble on my sandbox VM. Until I know what this is doing Im staying away.

On that note I wonder if anyone has the MD5 or SHA1 sum for the files?

image.thumb.png.be3a11c9836cfd9b7cdb6d8a85a7509e.png

I installed it about 1 week ago and now it works fine
As a result, I obtained these files from the internet.
Installing or not is entirely our personal preference 🙂
after all, Toyota will present the software to us somehow
but when ?

Hi guys, does the updated system needs a usb cable or one can use the wi-fi feature of the system that's there but I never was able to put it to work?

25 minutes ago, JoaoM said:

Merhaba arkadaşlar, güncellenmiş sistemin bir usb kablosuna ihtiyacı var mı yoksa orada bulunan sistemin wi-fi özelliğini kullanabiliyor ama ben onu hiç çalıştıramadım?

USB cable is required for map feature, but bluetooth is sufficient for phone connection and messages

I took the risk and updated. I used the same USB stick each time and formatted between USB files. My procedure was:

USB1 - this reboots several times
USB2 - You have to go to the software update menu and apply this
USB3 - This takes the longest and will restart several times. Wait until the blue screen
Once booted you have a 'working' system. Rather than use USB2 again I downloaded the latest firmwares for DCU and MEU from the streamdocs site.
Loaded them on the USB and did the software update again.
Finally I reinserted USB1 to do the 'System Replicate'. Once completed I assumed this is done. I didnt try USB1 again just incase it started the first script again.

My system went from:
17TDT2EU-DA01 to 17TDT2EU-DA31
17TMT2EU-FA00 to 17TMT2EU-FA10

No issues at all with it and everything went smooth AA works and maps appear to work OK too

2 hours ago, eskemoiain said:

Riski aldım ve güncelledim. Her seferinde aynı USB çubuğunu kullandım ve USB dosyaları arasında formatladım. Prosedürüm şöyleydi:

USB1 - bu birkaç kez yeniden başlatılır
USB2 - Yazılım güncelleme menüsüne gitmeniz ve bu
USB3'ü uygulamanız gerekir - Bu, en uzun sürer ve birkaç kez yeniden başlatılır. Mavi ekran açılıncaya kadar bekleyin
Başladıktan sonra bir 'çalışan' sisteminiz olur. USB2'yi tekrar kullanmak yerine streamdocs sitesinden DCU ve MEU için en son yazılımları indirdim.
Bunları USB'ye yükledim ve yazılım güncellemesini tekrar yaptı.
Sonunda 'Sistem Çoğaltması'nı yapmak için USB1'i yeniden yerleştirdim. Tamamlandıktan sonra bunun yapıldığını varsaydım. USB1'i tekrar denemedim, sadece ilk komut dosyasını tekrar başlattı.

Sistemim şöyleydi : 17TDT2EU-DA01'den 17TDT2EU-DA31
17TMT2EU-FA00'den 17TMT2EU-FA10'a

Hiç sorun olmadı ve her şey yolunda gitti AA çalışmaları ve haritalar da iyi çalışıyor gibi görünüyor

glad you made it, enjoy it 🙂

6 hours ago, Picklock said:

USB cable is required for map feature, but bluetooth is sufficient for phone connection and messages

bluetooth for phone connection and messages I already have without AA/ACP. I don't get why did they put a feature (wi-fi) that simply doesn't work.

By the way, if one use a usb splitter or hub can we use both AA/ACP and a usb drive with our music?

Have we any more news on when we may finally get the Android auto and the Apple play update for the 2019 after it was shelved back in march

Seriously lost interest over Toyota's lack of input on this.

Wonder if it will ever get done before I chop my car in at the 3 year mark

Still can't understand how it went from being ready in may to being delayed til late in the year

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eskemoiain said:

Once booted you have a 'working' system. Rather than use USB2 again I downloaded the latest firmwares for DCU and MEU from the streamdocs site.
Loaded them on the USB and did the software update again.
Finally I reinserted USB1 to do the 'System Replicate'. Once completed I assumed this is done. I didnt try USB1 again just incase it started the first script again.

Can you please tell us what exactly happened after USB3 completed and what did you do described above? Sorry for asking, but I could not fully understand the exact steps and actions that you did after USB3.

And another question - at the end, after the successful update, do you still have MyT working normally and old data present?

17 minutes ago, OXYGEN said:

Can you please tell us what exactly happened after USB3 completed and what did you do described above? Sorry for asking, but I could not fully understand the exact steps and actions that you did after USB3.

And another question - at the end, after the successful update, do you still have MyT working normally and old data present?

After USB3 completed and you get a blue screen it asks you to remove the USB key and reboot. Once rebooted you have a working AA/CP system. At this point you have a new DCU id and MEU id therefore it's wise you get the latest versions from the streamdocs site for example http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TMT2EU-FA00_Latest.zip (just replace the filename with the correct version. You then unzip these files onto a USB and do the usual system update. Once completed you will likely have a newer audio and navigation version. 

The final set is to load USB1 back which "replicates" the system. I gather this is the online id's etc Once finished you reboot and all is done. I checked yesterday and I can connect to online services as well as being able to update the maps directly from the car.

I did have to repair my phone so I gather data is likely reset. I didnt check radio stations etc. As for MyT. I can see my device is now HARMANMM19RETROTOY however I dont know or use MyT for anything. Mine has only ever let me send satnav directions (I used google maps so Ive never used that) and modify some settings (which once you have done theres no reason for this). Online services do seem to be working which is likely more important that MyT.

Hi everyone,

I am living in Canada. I have Toyota Corolla Hybrid 2020. My car supports Apple Car Play but doesn't support Android Auto Car Play. I have a couple of questions;

1. Is this firmware working for Toyota Corolla 2020 or hybrid version in Canada?

2. Is there any news of update firmware of Corolla 2020 for Canada?

Thanks...

44 minutes ago, hamza_canada said:

Hi everyone,

I am living in Canada. I have Toyota Corolla Hybrid 2020. My car supports Apple Car Play but doesn't support Android Auto Car Play. I have a couple of questions;

1. Is this firmware working for Toyota Corolla 2020 or hybrid version in Canada?

2. Is there any news of update firmware of Corolla 2020 for Canada?

Thanks...

North america/Canada use a different setup running Entune Software, EU models use a setup running Touch 2 and are very different in terms of functionality & software.

As a UK based forum its unlikely anyone would have any knowledge or News for cars running Entune

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

North america/Canada use a different setup running Entune Software, EU models use a setup running Touch 2 and are very different in terms of functionality & software.

As a UK based forum its unlikely anyone would have any knowledge or News for cars running Entune

Toyota has a very strange tradition. It comes with a new screen and design. While supporting Apple, it does not support Android in Canada. Every country has a same model, but different supporting. This support is given in the 2021 model of the vehicles here.

If anyone can get information about any update, I would be glad if they write.

Thanks Dewon.

As Lee said above, we're a UK based forum and the vast majority of members are in Europe, which doesn't have the US/Canada/Australia multimedia system - Entune. You could try the US club - https://us.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As Lee said above, we're a UK based forum and the vast majority of members are in Europe, which doesn't have the US/Canada/Australia multimedia system - Entune. You could try the US club - https://us.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/

Thanks

I just got official message from Toyota Bulgaria that upgrade starts from 21.09 and will be completely free of charge.
They said I should expect call from my dealer to arrange appointment for the update and that I will be one of the first customers, because I have asked about it long time ago and they have put me in a waiting list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OXYGEN said:

I just got official message from Toyota Bulgaria that upgrade starts from 21.09 and will be completely free of charge.
They said I should expect call from my dealer to arrange appointment for the update and that I will be one of the first customers, because I have asked about it long time ago and they have put me in a waiting list.

you are very lucky,
My country is the production point of the corolla but still does not even have the name of the update

After USB1 not working I went straight to 2 and 3. Then back to 1 (System Replicate) then updated to the latest FA10 kwi to 1140.

I looked at the Shell script, it's been around since March 2019, looks like it'll only run if it needs to. All seems to be ok at present.

Out of interest, on the instrument cluster under 'Settings', has the feature always been available to change the 'Trip Average MPG' to 'Tank Average' or 'Total Average'?

Also, I don't recall there being a graphic next to the options to switch from "Analogue Speed cluster" and "Digital Speed cluster".

It's been 12months since I set these options so I may be miss-remembering.

My danish dealer promises update from 1. october. Price is high, 3000 DKK, like 375£. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links