Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

On 9/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, OXYGEN said:

I just got official message from Toyota Bulgaria that upgrade starts from 21.09 and will be completely free of charge.
They said I should expect call from my dealer to arrange appointment for the update and that I will be one of the first customers, because I have asked about it long time ago and they have put me in a waiting list.

I send email to the greek dealership, but still no reply. If not I will visit Toyota in Sofia - Bulgaria, it's only 300 klm from my home. 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mitsos_Hybrid said:

I send email to the greek dealership, but still no reply. If not I will visit Toyota in Sofia - Bulgaria, it's only 300 klm from my home. 😁

You have even closer option in Blagoevgrad.

http://blagoevgrad.toyota.bg/

Give them a call and check if with this dealer it is the same as mine. Their phone number is +3590878647058

• Thanks 1

Reply from Toyota gb

Hello Michael, 

Thank you for your email regarding your Toyota Corolla, I am sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding the delayed release of the Android Auto update for your vehicle.

I understand and appreciate that this must be terribly frustrating for you. 

I can advise we currently expect the release of the retrofit update to be available in October and more details should be posted as they are announced on our blog, here is a link which may be helpful: 

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Cbatoday, same with my UK dealer too and they quoted it will be £120.

Which is the amount Devon Aygo stated for the Corolla in the opening post of this topic in November 2019 - Devon works for a Toyota dealer

On 6/13/2020 at 8:12 PM, Sidrat said:

Mine was in for it's first service yesterday, I asked about getting this fitted, they confirmed Q4 this year when U asked about the cost they said in light of the delay I could take it in and have it fitted any time for £50, not only with a service.

Checked the other day, this still stands!

Sidrat, good to know.

Hugo, thanks to the wonders of the internet I read your deleted post 🙂  Regarding AA and Blue Tooth, I wonder if that is something that could, if they wished, add via a software update.  After all, as we don't even have AA yet they might not want to rush ahead too soon.  Get it working on a large number of cars, ensure the bugs are ironed out, and then start tweaking it.

Its nearly here!

Instructions were published today on how to complete the update and timescales involved:

1 hour on models without nav

1.5 hours on models with nav

2.5 hours on models with nav but map version pre 2018v1/943

Parts (  3 x USB 8/16/32gb preloaded with update software ) need ordering and have an eta of October for delivery.

All installations have to be registered via Toyota warranty department for purposes of implementation uptake, monitoring of quality concerns & post update warranty validation.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Its nearly here!

Instructions were published today on how to complete the update and timescales involved:

Parts (  3 x USB 8/16/32gb preloaded with update software ) need ordering and have an eta of October for delivery.

All installations have to be registered via Toyota warranty department for purposes of implementation uptake, monitoring of quality concerns & post update warranty validation.

Thanks for the info Devon Aygo, can this update be done while a service is being carried out or would it have to be done after a service was complete? 

13 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Its nearly here!

So are there any parts actually fitted in the process or is it just a software update performed by the use of 3 various capacity usb sticks.

I was informed that at my last service in may that the update would cost me £50 due to not being able to be done along side my service.

Do you know the date in October when this will begin from so I can book in with my dealer

My garage is sticking with the £120/£50 pricing, no date and no information on what I could expect or a date

19 hours ago, Rouky said:

Thanks for the info Devon Aygo, can this update be done while a service is being carried out or would it have to be done after a service was complete? 

The update can be coincided with a service but cannot be done at the same time as the service drains the engine oil and the update needs the car in ready mode throughout.

• Thanks 2

50£?? The upgrade in Denmark is 375£ equal 3000 DKK. 

On 7/7/2020 at 5:37 AM, Kiwi_Pom said:

Well I got the car back yesterday and I can confirm that I now have Android auto installed on the infotainment system. I still need to have phone plugged in, set to file transfer over USB, but the screen doesn't need to be turned on for it to operate, and holding down the talk button on the steering wheel activates Google assistant. Really happy with the upgrade and someone who uses Google to control home lighting and my garage door, it really does make a difference. Worth every cent!

IMG20200706132242.jpg

IMG20200706132058.jpg

IMG20200706132418.jpg

Hi. Another Kiwi here, considering the upgrade. A couple of questions - when Android Auto is selected, do you still have access to all the sound settings - Treble/Mid/Bass Balance and fader etc? I.e. when Android Auto is active, can you hit the "Audio" button and be given the option to change settings? The same way you can if on FM radio.

Also - if I'm not plugging my phone in, can music still be played off a USB stick (if my wife takes the car for instance)? Or is that function lost with the upgrade?

Thanks. John.

4 hours ago, JohnNZ said:

Hi. Another Kiwi here, considering the upgrade. A couple of questions - when Android Auto is selected, do you still have access to all the sound settings - Treble/Mid/Bass Balance and fader etc? I.e. when Android Auto is active, can you hit the "Audio" button and be given the option to change settings? The same way you can if on FM radio.

Also - if I'm not plugging my phone in, can music still be played off a USB stick (if my wife takes the car for instance)? Or is that function lost with the upgrade?

Thanks. John.

Both are possible 😀 

AA cooperates with audio button in the same way as bluetooth audio.  

There are some discourages - after running android auto - bluetooth and usb source are disabled - so You cannot connect another phone / usb to listen music 

There is workaround - You can use miracast which is not disabled during android auto - so if Your friend wants to play some music from his phone - give him miracast (another disadvantages - there is no way to adjust audio setting for miracast source)

1 minute ago, krk_man said:

Both are possible 😀 

AA cooperates with audio button in the same way as bluetooth audio.  

There are some discourages - after running android auto - bluetooth and usb source are disabled - so You cannot connect another phone / usb to listen music 

There is workaround - You can use miracast which is not disabled during android auto - so if Your friend wants to play some music from his phone - give him miracast (another disadvantages - there is no way to adjust audio setting for miracast source)

Hi. I've just been advised by a friend here that when my phone is not connected to the USB, a USB with music can play fine. He showed photos of this working. So when my phone is not connected to the USB, the system works as pre-upgrade.

Thanks.

My vehicle left the factory with MM19 so not necessary for me, but the update files and instructions are on the Toyota Tech website www.toyota-tech.eu under BE-00439T-TME

I successfully completed the MM17 to MM19 update on a Lexus and the procedure is almost the same, for the price of just under £5 access to the website. It involves preparing 3 USB sticks (formatting FAT32, extracting the downloaded files to them in the correct directory layout and labelling them USB 1, USB 2 and USB 3), and then there is a procedure to following involving inserting the correct USB sticks in a specific order and switching the car/engine on and off after certain files. Took about an hour and a half on the Lexus. I understand the risk is serious damage if done incorrectly.

It is also easy to destroy the infotainment system with an incorrect sequence, which is not covered by warranty if you mess it up, £50/£120 does not seem like a big deal when compared to the price of a new head unit 

Rang my local dealers who are going to order the equipment needed to do the update on the 12th Oct and they will use it on one of their cars to make sure all goes well.

If ok mine will be done on 14th Oct for £50 as stated without a service.

Not long to wait

• Like 1

After sending 2 emails to my dealer and had no response, I send another one to the seller who responded after 30 minutes!

Toyota Hellas is going to send as a letter in order to inform us that the update is available.

Letter in 2020..... anyway that is good news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 4:30 PM, Cbatoday said:

Rang my local dealers who are going to order the equipment needed to do the update on the 12th Oct and they will use it on one of their cars to make sure all goes well.

If ok mine will be done on 14th Oct for £50 as stated without a service.

Not long to wait

Which dealer is that?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links