Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fit Apple Carplay & Android Auto

Devon Aygo

RAB, the menu screen to which I refer is the Map one with destination option or at least one line.  I will look at the bomb icon.

37 minutes ago, RabButler said:

As far as I am aware, map upgrades are free.

Think one gets three years free map updates.

Will this work in the USA?

So far, my dealership says there's no firmware update. 

The US uses a different multimedia unit - Entune rather than Touch 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I registered just to say thank you to everyone who has given their thoughts and guidance in this thread. I picked up a 2019 Corolla a couple of days ago and have now successfully upgraded the multimedia unit to include Apple Car Play.

I’d say this requires a technical understanding of 3/5. If you’re comfortable with updating the bios on a computer and understand the risks then this is for you. If you’re the sort of person who needs to take his laptop to a shop to reinstall Windows, take your car to the dealership.

Patience is the key, following the instructions on screen, only turning off the car or removing the stick after successfully completing an upgrade step.

I used high quality SanDisk Ultra USB3 memory sticks and ran them in the order suggested: 1-2-3-1-2

1 ran automatically when the car was started.

2 had to be run from settings > software update.

3 ran automatically like 1

Once the sequence above was complete, I checked the “new” model info, downloaded the latest firmware (below) for the unit and installed it as well. As with USB No.2, put both kwi files on the USB stick, plug in, start the car and run it from settings > software update.

I still need to update the map but that’s a job for another day.

1C5F5BC2-E926-433B-A1F4-DFAAB6566F9A.thumb.jpeg.95a4d3f17e8e80b88146e2148b508d26.jpeg

My apologies to TomS on the German forum I found this on. I saved the translated text but not the source link so I can't give him the full credit he deserves.

For the audio update:
Determine the model ID of your DCU (SETUP -> General -> Software update)
In the following link, replace the placeholder "<DCU-ID>" with your DCU ID.

So For example,
streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/ <DCU-ID> _Latest.zip
becomes
streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TDT1EU-DA01_Latest.zip

Put this URL in the URL address line of your browser, press the return key and the latest audio update will be downloaded to your computer.

For the navigation software update:
Determine the model ID of your MEU (SETUP -> General -> Software update)
In the following link, replace the placeholder "<MEU-ID>" with your MEU-ID.
So For example,
streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/ <MEU-ID> _Latest.zip
becomes
streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TMT2EU-FA00_Latest.zip

Enter this URL in your browser in the URL address line, press the return key and the latest navigation software update will be downloaded to your computer.

TomS

• Thanks 1

Oh wow ok that's really interesting! It doesn't matter now as mine has been done but I would be a little apprehensive doing it my self if something went wrong then having Toyota stiff you for the repair as they could argue you did something that was out of warranty.

I'm pretty confident with IT systems so the task looks trivial having said that.

1 hour ago, bewA said:

I would be a little apprehensive doing it my self if something went wrong then having Toyota stiff you for the repair as they could argue you did something that was out of warranty.

Previously Devon Aygo said the upgrade wasn't designed for self install, and if problems occurred with a self install, it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Previously Devon Aygo said the upgrade wasn't designed for self install, and if problems occurred with a self install, it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Absolutely, hence my statement about technical ability, upgrading a computer's BIOS and understanding the risks. You can brick your £2000 computer by getting it wrong, the multimedia unit isn't far different. Having the technical knowhow and patience is key. In my case, the risk was low given my existing knowledge, combined with the information gleaned above.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of buying a 2019 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Icon Tech from a dealer in the UK. The registration is March 2019 so will this be available for the Apple carplay retrofit upgrade?

P.S - Are all models of Corolla 2019 hatchback eligible for the upgrade not depending on  any 2019 registration date?

If you're buying from a Toyota dealer, check with them whether the upgrade has already been done, and, if not, negotiate with them re getting the upgrade before delivery.

Duplicate posts in the Rav4 club deleted.

• Like 2

Thanks for confirming - Yes will do that.

Registered yesterday with an outlook email but never received confirmation email.

Had to change it to Gmail so that confused me somewhat :)

• 5 months later...

I thought my Android Auto installation was jiggered and had the car in for them to check.  It works, and probably always did BUT .....

I have a choice of Audio using DAB etc or Android Auto which gives me the Maps but no radio.  I don't remember that being the case when it was first installed.  Does it cut out the radio or am I doing it wrong (as shown by the garage)?

Problem solved.  To put it politely, the method the Garage showed me worked as far as getting a Map display but was an either/or selection of Source.

Following Page 146 of the Navigation Manual using the Menu button rather than the Audio button worked a treat.

The problem is the Maintainers are not Users.  I had the same in my last job, I knew enough to operate a system but not maintain it.  To maintain it required several technicians none of whom could actually use it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have a Corolla HB with MM17(no ACP , AA)

I downloaded MM19 Retrofit USB 1,2,3 from Toyota Tech Web,

USB 1 , 2 update OK . Netvigation is FA10

but USB 3 Show me error 001. Tune Off and On and try again USB 3,

Hold On 069. DCU [REPTO] Vup Completed Screen.

My Step is 1 2 1 3

My DCU is look work fine on DA01 this moment, but cannot login Toyota online.

What can I do now ? Any suggestion for me ?🙏

Dealer can solve this problem ?

PS : I plan to let dealer retrofit for me , but my dealer no reply me 2 month ... Are they really that busy? 😑

IMG_9759.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 8/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, BigPoppaSLO said:

I waited so long for this that i don`t care if i would brick something. I am totally aware that i did this on my own risk.

I succesfuly updated my 17TD1EU-DA02 to 17TDT1EU-DA30 and the options for apple carplay and android auto showed up. Both are working. 

In the end i applied the update from toyota-tech.eu over it and now i have 1075 software version.

I have a unit without navigation module and used only usb3 for installation.

92fc5c6c-67ff-4b9e-8375-70bb0cf6be33-jpe

There are a few of us in Slovenija now that did the update and everything works as it should.

Can you please give a link with download to update i have same at you thank you

On 8/27/2020 at 10:53 PM, nikos131 said:

I can confirm that the update works for screens with version 17TD1EU-DA02.

I suggest you use a USB 3.0 flash drive at least 32 gigs. Also, note that the updates takes a lot of time. Mine took at least 40 minutes.

Can you please give me a link with download for the 17TDT1EU-DA02,than you

Can someone put the link with download ? 17TDT1EU-da02 to 30, i can find it the link pleaseee

• 7 months later...

Went to the dealer for the upgrade. They tried, got the error code 006 and just gave up, said they are unable to do it. They didn't strike me as great experts.
I have DCU - 17TDT1EU - DA02
audio 1011
I don't have many options left.
All the links for the DIY are dead by now.
If anyone has the files lying around somewhere, the link would be much appreciated.
Thank you, guys

Is it not their job to make it work?

I would think it should upgrade and if not there's a hardware issue and replace things until it works assuming the warranty is still valid.

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Did anyone solve issue error code:001?

I have change radio in Corolla 2019 (not hybrid). Old one stopped working and it was with AA update The new radio shows Battery, electric motor under home button... So it is possible that the new radio is from a hybrid.

I tried usb1&2 - don't start. I don't have Navi so i just need USB 3.

But it always get stuck on error code:001. Error is still the same - after approx 10 minutes process freeze (Installing DCU Main - DCU [Repro]Vup Completed). 

I tried Rivorian method from page 8. It did finish the update but DCU remain DA02. it didn't change to DA30 and no android auto.

I tried everything... And I am opened for suggestions 

The retro fit upgrade was never designed to be user installed - so the majority of people got their dealer to do the upgrade as that would have been covered by the warranty should things have gone wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading this thread with interest. I bought my 19 registration Corolla in September last year, and had read so many Auto Trader listings that by the time I actually bought my car I didn't think to check if this actual one had Android Auto as I didn't realise at that stage that it was a retro-fit option (lesson learnt!)

Since then my car has been back at the dealer 3 times to try to get the update sorted - first time for 1 day when they did other background updates that were needed before installing the Android Auto, and ran out of time before Christmas. Second time (again for a day) they didn't receive the right thing from Toyota so couldn't get it sorted. Third time the car was with them for 4 days (something else to sort at the same time), but still no luck in getting whatever they need from Toyota to actually update the car.

This is getting pretty frustrating now, and I've left it with the dealer that they will call me when they have whatever they need to actually get the job done rather than booking my car in advance in the hope that it will arrive. It's additionally annoying as the dealer isn't particularly close to where I live (although is close to my parents' home) so it's a bit of a trek each time (although they did give me a brand new Yaris as a loan car last time so not all bad!)

So that's my moan! and my actual question is - is there anything I can do to chivvy things along? I believe what my dealer has told me (unless anyone thinks this doesn't sound realistic), but are Toyota UK centrally really that disorganised?

Thanks!

Emma, short answer, not a clue. Longer one, I had mine done for £70 by appointment, MY19 Corolla.  It could have been £50 had it been done with the service.  In the event I never used AA successfully with the Corolla. 

OTOH, with my MY21 Yaris Cross it came with AA and the Google map works well with the 9 inch screen. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I just got my UX and have attempted to do the CarPlay update myself.

Stick 1 and Stick 2 executed correctly.

Stick 3 got the red error (code 001):

image.thumb.jpeg.60e85126413441be944a26a1cd032972.jpeg

And recovered successfully:

image.thumb.jpeg.59f2d19ef740cad956866957a72d75bc.jpeg

On second attempt (new stick), it got stuck for 2 hours on "Installing DCU MAIN"  (DCU (REPRO) Vup Completed):

image.thumb.jpeg.054f8ab9ee8c00a4bf1cec58aff50fa0.jpeg

After 2 hours of wait, it power cycled itself.

I am now on intermediary software versions:

Before:

image.thumb.jpeg.b89de8f7f0864897f3685420234c4ba4.jpeg

After:

image.thumb.jpeg.0f65cbdb9042fddc0505c1e1615abeec.jpeg

I am totally lost between what I've read on the forums:

1. can the dealership successfully update it from here?

2. is the system perfectly functional in its current state?

3. the system is to be thrown away and replaced after the red error, based on what I've understood from another forum member?

Thank you!

As I said previously, the upgrade was only intended to be dealer installed.

Don't know whether a dealer can help you now, but if they can, it will be at your cost.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links