Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corrola, good and bad points.

North Yorkshire Steve

I got a reply from Toyota Customer Care regarding software updates:

There are software updates being implemented which will be available, the Toyota Centres will be informed of the software updates as bulletins are provided to rectify known issues which have been raised.  We would advise you to contact your Toyota Centre at your next service and raise your concerns where they can forward these concerns to the Technical Team.   The more reports received, it can be collated and software updates can be considered in the future.

The way I read this is to lodge any reports, such as making the Brake Hold a sticky setting, with your Toyota Centre and make sure they record it properly.  Toyota must have a software change team and they should be keen to have user input.

• Like 1

Just had the spare tyre installed- gos that drastically reduces boot space!!?

Just noticed it, but what is the botton for in the roof just before the front cabin lights switches - it's a car with wifi type curved lines above? Presumably to switch of gps tracking?

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I got a reply from Toyota Customer Care regarding software updates:

There are software updates being implemented which will be available, the Toyota Centres will be informed of the software updates as bulletins are provided to rectify known issues which have been raised.  We would advise you to contact your Toyota Centre at your next service and raise your concerns where they can forward these concerns to the Technical Team.   The more reports received, it can be collated and software updates can be considered in the future.

The way I read this is to lodge any reports, such as making the Brake Hold a sticky setting, with your Toyota Centre and make sure they record it properly.  Toyota must have a software change team and they should be keen to have user input.

But probably aren't. Or don't have enough resources to implement what they want to. Software produced by a hardware manufacturer is nearly always lack-lustre and of questionable quality. Companies geared toward producing physical goods often look at software with disdain and it becomes an afterthought.

There are a few rare exceptions. Apple is one of them but I think they only manage to make it work by forcing their users to live in a walled garden. I avoid Apple products as much as I can because I prefer freedom but as a software developer it bothers me that it seems to be one of the few ways to ensure good hardware and good software.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HybridLover said:

Just had the spare tyre installed- gos that drastically reduces boot space!!?

Just noticed it, but what is the botton for in the roof just before the front cabin lights switches - it's a car with wifi type curved lines above? Presumably to switch of gps tracking?

Sounds like you're describing the emergency contact button. There is also a button for turning off the motion sensor so that you can leave the windows open on a hot day without the alarm going off. Could be either of those.

• Like 1

HL, just checked.  The emergency button is in the cabin light switch cluster and towards the front.  The motion sensor switch is a separate mount and behind the light switch cluster.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from the Czech republic 🙂

I will share with you my opinions about my Corolla TS 1.2T with packets comfort, style, and tech. As it looks, I am the only one here with this type of engine 🙂 If I have had more money, then the 2.0 hybrid engine would be my choice.

I had a Toyota Auris TS 1.6 97kw for six years till last month so this small 1.2 turbo engine in Corolla is a real improvement in terms of better reactions in low RPMs, lower noise, and better driveability. I was surprised that the engine has no hood soundproofing, even so, it is almost inaudible.

Pros:

• engine (even if it has 85kw 185nm)
  • nice look
  • enough space for all passengers
  • great driveability
  • excellent front lights
  • price
  • fuel consumption around 6 l/100km ~ 39mpg
  • good Speakers
  • a lof of reliable assistants 
  • good soundproofing / relatively low noise in the car

Cons:

• road sign assist is not that reliable
  • sometimes noise from a road (I will try to fix that)
  • keyless only in the higher car equipment (missing this feature)

What I am also missing is the Android car, but there is an update coming soon. 

Overall I am happy with this car, it is fat better than the Auris 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a year ago I looked for replacement of my old good Subaru Outback - and I was far from satisfaction from the market offer. After a month of searching and discontent I noticed an add claiming that new Corolla TS has got 2.0 hybrid engine with 180 hp, 8 s 0-100 and consumption under 4 l/100 - sci-fi numbers! Test drive proved that this is an exceptional car. It cost a bit more tham I had planned, but I do not regret. And I am looking for every single drive! 🙂

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Paulll said:

Just a year ago I looked for replacement of my old good Subaru Outback - and I was far from satisfaction from the market offer. After a month of searching and discontent I noticed an add claiming that new Corolla TS has got 2.0 hybrid engine with 180 hp, 8 s 0-100 and consumption under 4 l/100 - sci-fi numbers! Test drive proved that this is an exceptional car. It cost a bit more tham I had planned, but I do not regret. And I am looking for every single drive! 🙂

Great choice 👍 What consumption are you getting with the 2.0 on average, and how do you drive like a Subaru or like a Prius 😉
Thanks 

I'm back in a 1.8 now, the 2.0 was averaging 56 MPG, this 1.8 is 64 at the moment but brand new so will ease up in a bit 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My consumption with a 1.8 is dropping from 65-67 to 60-62.  This might be the colder weather or me not driving quite so carefully.  Although my last two very short runs were 32 there, from cold, and 70 back once warmed up.  Monthly average speed is down from 30 to 24 mph.

• Like 1

Cold weather affects the consumption, with me the shift is 10mpg down every winter from 60 to 50mpg , cold weather plus winter tyres that has higher rolling resistance still happy though. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links