Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Install amplifier on Touch & Go

Marty__Mouse

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my Toyota Avensis T27 (2012) with Touch & Go Plus with premium audio; 11 Speakers and amplifier under the passengers seat (LHD)

Even though I'm satisfied with the sound, in my opinion this setup can use a bit more base.

I've bought a very nice subwoofer enclosure from Basser (http://sklep.basser.pl/en/fit-box-enclosures/686-toyota-avensis-3-wagon-l-fit-box-subwoofer-enclosure.html) which fits perfectly.

The install of the amplifier itself is no problem and everything sits nicely in the car, but for the amplifier to work I need RCA plugs but since the original radio doesn't have these I've bought an High-Low input adapter.

This has to be installed on the speaker cables right + & - and left + & - and also there needs to be a power and ground, this adapter also delivers the antenna signal for the amplifier to switch on.

Finding the power and ground is no problem but I cannot seem to find the speaker lines.

Via  Toyota Tech I've bought a 1 our login and have downloaded the information brochure on the Touch & Go, but the colors mentioned in that wiring diagram do not correspond to the colors on my radio.

When I look to the big 32-pins connector (which has the Y-splitter from the navigation to the radio module) the connector numbers 12 to 15 would be the appropriate numbers for the signal of the Speakers and 16 & 32 are power and ground.

But when I try to use these signals, the high-low adapter doesn't work at all. These wires are of a very small diameter as well so I can assume these are not the correct ones.

I have also tried the 10-pins connector that goes to the standard amplifier as I guess that should work.

s6.PNG.fd935cb9cd7871cb6195ef2c16fe2445.

(stolen from another thread so please ignore the yellow marked lines and the questionmark.

If I look to that connector I need 1&2 and 5&6 for the speaker signal and 4 and 7 for power and ground.

I have tried to install the high-low adapter and when I turn on the radio, the adapter works, it turns on the radio, but I get no sound on the subwoofer.

It does mubble/rumble when I play with the RCA connectors on the outside of the amplifiers RCS female connectors so for me it's a sign the subwoofer does work.

But it doesn't play music(bass) at all

I do not have the connectors 1 to 4 attached in the 6 pins connector in the image above or else I could have tried that as well.

So I'm stuck here, is there anyone who has installed an amplifier before on this Touch and Go headunit?

There sure must be a way.

Any help is more than welcome!

Thank you !

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, Marty__Mouse said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my Toyota Avensis T27 (2012) with Touch & Go Plus with premium audio; 11 speakers and amplifier under the passengers seat (LHD)

Even though I'm satisfied with the sound, in my opinion this setup can use a bit more base.

I've bought a very nice subwoofer enclosure from Basser (http://sklep.basser.pl/en/fit-box-enclosures/686-toyota-avensis-3-wagon-l-fit-box-subwoofer-enclosure.html) which fits perfectly.

The install of the amplifier itself is no problem and everything sits nicely in the car, but for the amplifier to work I need RCA plugs but since the original radio doesn't have these I've bought an High-Low input adapter.

This has to be installed on the speaker cables right + & - and left + & - and also there needs to be a power and ground, this adapter also delivers the antenna signal for the amplifier to switch on.

Finding the power and ground is no problem but I cannot seem to find the speaker lines.

Via  Toyota Tech I've bought a 1 our login and have downloaded the information brochure on the Touch & Go, but the colors mentioned in that wiring diagram do not correspond to the colors on my radio.

When I look to the big 32-pins connector (which has the Y-splitter from the navigation to the radio module) the connector numbers 12 to 15 would be the appropriate numbers for the signal of the speakers and 16 & 32 are power and ground.

But when I try to use these signals, the high-low adapter doesn't work at all. These wires are of a very small diameter as well so I can assume these are not the correct ones.

I have also tried the 10-pins connector that goes to the standard amplifier as I guess that should work.

(stolen from another thread so please ignore the yellow marked lines and the questionmark.

If I look to that connector I need 1&2 and 5&6 for the speaker signal and 4 and 7 for power and ground.

I have tried to install the high-low adapter and when I turn on the radio, the adapter works, it turns on the radio, but I get no sound on the subwoofer.

It does mubble/rumble when I play with the RCA connectors on the outside of the amplifiers RCS female connectors so for me it's a sign the subwoofer does work.

I do not have the connectors 1 to 4 attached in the 6 pins connector in the image above or else I could have tried that as well.

So I'm stuck here, is there anyone who has installed an amplifier before on this Touch and Go headunit?

Thank you !

hi there i have the same problem as yourself i used to have a seat car before with a premium sound system in it was a great headunit a aura hedunit the volume was nice and loud and sound was perfect. well now i have a 2014 toyota avensis with 6 Speakers but im not amused one bit with the sound at max sound its not really that great .did u ever come across any ideas on how to make the sound louder and base better.plus if i installed a amp will it blow the Speakers that are in the car 

• 6 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, Marty__Mouse said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my Toyota Avensis T27 (2012) with Touch & Go Plus with premium audio; 11 speakers and amplifier under the passengers seat (LHD)

When I look to the big 32-pins connector (which has the Y-splitter from the navigation to the radio module) the connector numbers 12 to 15 would be the appropriate numbers for the signal of the speakers and 16 & 32 are power and ground.

Thank you !

hi there sorry to bother you i have a 2014 toyota avensis and well i have upgraded my Speakers to alpine ones and well im putting in also a 

PIONEER GM-D1004 4 Channel 400W Class-D Multi Channel Car Amplifier

the problem im having is with trying to fing a suitable firewall gromit i can run my the wire to the Battery and connect a earth point to. i was wondering where did you get a gromit hole to run the Battery wire threw the firewall at and where did you connect aground connection at.i see a gromit behind my glove box but there are loads of wires going in threw it and i can only find one as this one is right behind the fuze box in the firewall. if you could please tell me where did you wire yours up threw i would be great. im hoping to put my wires through a area where  there are not so many wires 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links