Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

USB ports

Hussain17

2 hours ago, marcb256 said:

Hi, my first post. Have just exchanged my Exel for a GRS as happy with the Corolla. Obviously the majority of things are the same but my one big disappointment, though a minor issue in the scope of things is, there is only 1 USB port. Pretty limited thinking.

With the Exel I used a low profile stick in the USB beside the glove compartment and charged the phone with the USB beside the driver.

Now I have to go and find a power socket with a USB to charge the phone from. The more I write the more annoyed I get as to why someone decided to omit the second USB.

Gripe over, I think as I've only had the car a few hours.

Don’t look for the rear vents then!!!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Is there a 12v socket in the centre arm rest? 

Yes but before there was a 12v socket and a USB

2 hours ago, marcb256 said:

Yes but before there was a 12v socket and a USB

Unfortunately in UK that is Excel hatch & all Touring Sport (Estate) models only

Mine is Design.  It must have cost time and effort to design it out.  I haven't had a close look, but there seems space for the USB. 

19 hours ago, Kental said:

Don’t look for the rear vents then!!!!

Just did and can't find them !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Mine is Design.  It must have cost time and effort to design it out.  I haven't had a close look, but there seems space for the USB. 

Yes, there is a blanked out space. Luckily I kept my 'old' tech so have a power connector with built-in USBs.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I had an issue with my 2019 Corolla and found out that any memory stick which isn't formatted to FAT32 for music.  All of my music is in FLAC format (I didn't want to have to convert it down again) so 64Gb memory sticks were needed. I found a utility by HP that allows you to format any size memory stick to FAT32 ( https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool/ ) solved my problem.

I've just taken delivery of a 23 plate Corolla, I now need to get a converter for the USB audio port as it's now a USB C will keep you updated when I get an adapter. 

1 hour ago, scabad said:

I've just taken delivery of a 23 plate Corolla, I now need to get a converter for the USB audio port as it's now a USB C will keep you updated when I get an adapter. 

£4 something from Amazon buys a set of USB C adaptors. Just the job.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, scabad said:

I had an issue with my 2019 Corolla and found out that any memory stick which isn't formatted to FAT32 for music.  All of my music is in FLAC format (I didn't want to have to convert it down again) so 64Gb memory sticks were needed. I found a utility by HP that allows you to format any size memory stick to FAT32 ( https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool/ ) solved my problem.

I have an adapter from USB C TO USB  and all works as it should with a USB stick. No worries.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 7:30 PM, RabButler said:

£4 something from Amazon buys a set of USB C adaptors. Just the job.

Thanks for replying really appreciate it have ordered some right angled converters.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links