Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time for a new battery...

Xpression

Could someone give me some advice on which Battery to buy, please? I have a 2015 Aygo Xpression X-shift (bought new). The current (original) Battery is a FIAMM LO 300 (175mm across X 175mm deep (front to back) X 195mm high). It's a 35 Ah. The car still starts perfectly well, but I've noticed the green indicator on top of the Battery has gone black. The battery shows 12.8V soon after driving, but, if the car isn't driven for a few days, the battery shows 12.3V, which I believe is too low. I do trickle charge it with an intelligent charger about once a week.

There is about 75mm more space across the battery rack for a wider battery. I don't mind getting a wider battery with a higher Ah rating. Cost is not terribly important, if the battery is of good quality and higher capacity. I've looked online, and it seems that the standard battery is not a very common size. Various sites recommend alternatives that are slightly bigger physically, with higher Ah ratings, say up to about 54 Ah.

Any advice appreciated on what to buy and where from.

Thanks,

Xpression

• Like 1

I've just ordered a Varta B36 from Tayna. The dimensions are the same as the standard Battery, but the rating is higher, at 44 Ah. Price was just under £51 including delivery.

Thanks, Dave. Good to know for next time. I was a bit worried about the positive lead making it around such a long Battery, as it comes out of a housing just inboard of the edge of the Battery tray, if that makes sense.

Varta are good batteries.  I sometimes use ECP to check parts against other suppliers.