Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This new forum “update” is a backward step and awful!

olddriver

Negotiating the new layout is a pain, the old set up was fine, there’s an old saying, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Somehow I posted this with typos in the title, but I was able to recover it thankfully.

27 minutes ago, Catlover said:

What has changed?

The heading, the subs in the forum are not listed as before near the top of the page, it’s awful.  I can’t understand why you can’t see the change, if I had a screen shot of the old setup, I would show you.

As far as I'm aware there have been no recent changes.

Not sure what you're viewing the site on (tablet, laptop, desktop, etc), but have you got your screen set to 'mobile' rather than 'desktop'?

14 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not sure what you're viewing the site on (tablet, laptop, desktop, etc), but have you got your screen set to 'mobile' rather than 'desktop'?

Ah, I’m using an iPad, a couple of days ago it was updated, since then Safari has gone haywire and often when I visit a site it zooms in or out, that is a pain sometimes.

The club is the only site where the presentation has changed though, I can’t find a mobile setting, is it on the club site?

Should be on your tablet. I use Android, and have a drop down menu to the right of the browser toolbar, but that may be different to Safari.

31 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Ah, I’m using an iPad, a couple of days ago it was updated, since then Safari has gone haywire and often when I visit a site it zooms in or out, that is a pain sometimes.

The club is the only site where the presentation has changed though, I can’t find a mobile setting, is it on the club site?

EDIT: somethings really strange, I posted the above some time ago, and then couldn’t see it, so went into the comments box and there it was, so after adding the screenshot I posted it again!

I attach a screenshot.

2C07BFDE-9DDB-4FD4-BEFE-B1AE3E9889B4.png

Yesterday, I was able to repost something that I had already made and change the title, part of the title was gobbledygook

I will have to go onto a mac forum and ask what’s going on.

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

That’s not the problem as the club is set to “Request Desktop Site”.  Another site I use now has the same appearance at the top as the club, but diynot.com is the same as it’s always been.

EDIT: I’m getting yet another update tonight, so maybe that will fix it 🙏

Solved it, Safari was set to zoom and so compressed the header!!!  I’m a bit fed up with the new mac they have added the ability to alter the presentation of all sorts of things and I find it totally unnecessary and totally confusing until you managed to sort it out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links