Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid health report

Mayfuse

Hello is there anywhere i can use hybrid health report i am based in the uk.

Regards

Mayfuse

For warranty purposes No it has to be a main stealer

IIRC you can access it through techstream/tecdoc3 for an hourly or daily fee https://www.toyota-tech.eu/

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/tmu/uploads/23cb50e1f9f34a13851444ab775180d1/New HHC test- quick start guide_revised.pdf

2 hours ago, Mayfuse said:

Hello is there anywhere i can use hybrid health report i am based in the uk.

Regards

Mayfuse

If you have the car serviced at a Toyota dealer it will include a Hybrid Health Check, what are you trying to do? I don't understand the question, you can't make your own certificate if thats what you mean 

15 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

If you have the car serviced at a Toyota dealer it will include a Hybrid Health Check, what are you trying to do? I don't understand the question, you can't make your own certificate if thats what you mean 

Hi i do not want to print and certificates can was serviced by main dealers i just wanted to see what they do when they do the heaalth check such as Battery report etc.

Regards

The vehicle is plugged in to the Toyota Techstream, and a series of stall tests and self checks are carried out on the Battery and motors, the system either passes or fails and a report produced

10 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

The vehicle is plugged in to the Toyota Techstream, and a series of stall tests and self checks are carried out on the battery and motors, the system either passes or fails and a report produced

Thanks i wanted to check weather its passed or failed.

11 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

If it passed a certificate is produced

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Mayfuse

Mine passed the hybrid healthcheck during its routine service just recently, but I could swear the Battery charge hasn't been lasting as long in recent months, with the engine seeming to kick in more often (my journeys haven't changed). I keep wondering if I'm imagining it as nothing adverse showed up on the healthcheck and the Battery graphic shows the usual number of modules as charged (ranges between 2 and maximum minus 2... can't remember how many it's divided into). But it got me wondering if deterioration of this sort is to be expected, and if so when... we're all used to rechargeable batteries becoming less efficient as they age (very noticeable on a smartphone, for example), but mine is 'only' 5 years old and I hadn't expected any noticeable deterioration this soon.

Thee wife’s Auris hybrid is 10 years old and about 70k miles and performance of hybrid Battery seems ok. I would imagine after 10 years there is some loss, but if there is it is not really noticeable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's what I would have thought. Ho hum. I suppose I'll just see how it goes.

Everyone can do traction Battery check by itself using Dr.Prius app and carista obd2 adapter , paid versions also included prognosis for Battery life, Battery health tests and usually stats for all cells that can help determine if anything wrong with it. Usually Toyota hybrids batteries are of the small size, they can’t produce a lots of power for extended period of time, when is cold also battery loose some range, when hot also, especially using the air con is just killing the battery, it drains a lot faster than if without AC on, wind, wet roads, low pressure in the tyres and weight load also helps for quick battery discharge. Usually these cars are ok with battery, my 10 years old and 150+k miles still ok , but let’s see for how long more. If I can get 300k I will be very happy. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CurranShelter said:

Mine passed the hybrid healthcheck during its routine service just recently, but I could swear the battery charge hasn't been lasting as long in recent months, with the engine seeming to kick in more often (my journeys haven't changed). I keep wondering if I'm imagining it as nothing adverse showed up on the healthcheck and the battery graphic shows the usual number of modules as charged (ranges between 2 and maximum minus 2... can't remember how many it's divided into). But it got me wondering if deterioration of this sort is to be expected, and if so when... we're all used to rechargeable batteries becoming less efficient as they age (very noticeable on a smartphone, for example), but mine is 'only' 5 years old and I hadn't expected any noticeable deterioration this soon.

Shorter Battery use and engine running more often can be a symptom of a blocked/blocking hybrid Battery air intake filter see: 

There is no need to remove the seat base just the trims.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the clip Lee, but surely something as easy as that to clean should be more accesible, like pull a cover off and filter can be pulled out easily, not taking out trim and lifting seat. It should be a 2 minute jjob to get at and clean.      Grump over. 😀

JUST FOUND THIS ON YOU TUBE - DOES LOOK EASY

also watched cleaning the filter/fan on a 2010 pprius - nightmare.       I can sleep easy tonight.

4 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Shorter battery use and engine running more often can be a symptom of a blocked/blocking hybrid battery air intake filter see: 

[...]

Ah! That I never knew. Thanks - I will take a look (and hope I can put it all back together again). 😅

10 hours ago, CurranShelter said:

I recently removed the seat to inspect the fan (Auris gen2 phase1).  I couldn't work out how to manoeuvre the trims to get access without lifting the seat base.  After finally deciding to lift the seat, I still couldn't see how I could have done this any other way.

This link explains a bit more about the fan, and someone has put some pictures of seat removal at the end of it. 

It's the last page of the thread that is the most relevant.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I cleaned this high voltage cooling fan air filter on my Gen4 Prius. Simple, took me 20 minutes, next time it will be 10 minutes.. Haedly any dirt anyway.   Just wish the wife’s 2010 Auris hybrid would be as easy, sadly it’s a big job with lots of plastic fasteners to release, I nervous I would break them and then be stuck putting back together.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:55 AM, Gerg said:

image.thumb.png.958641f31b82274d876058caaaf64fd5.png

No I didn't, that was @Devon Aygo 😄

But anyway... thanks for that info; I haven't got round to attempting it yet, but will have a look at that thread first. 👍

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Yesterday I cleaned this high voltage cooling fan air filter on my Gen4 Prius. Simple, took me 20 minutes, next time it will be 10 minutes.. Haedly any dirt anyway.   Just wish the wife’s 2010 Auris hybrid would be as easy, sadly it’s a big job with lots of plastic fasteners to release, I nervous I would break them and then be stuck putting back together.

Auris it’s not that difficult and not many fasteners to undo, few bolts few of those and you are done. It’s much easier than it looks on the videos, I have done mine that summer and wasn’t bad at all, however I never had pets in, and I don’t drive with open windows, plus keep the car sparkling clean inside and change pollen filter every two-three months. If you keep you car same condition, there is nothing to worry much, you can look through the inlet vent and check how much of dirt is accumulated on the intake pipe and this will give you an idea how your fan thins are. 
Regards 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 11:03 PM, CurranShelter said:

Mine passed the hybrid healthcheck during its routine service just recently, but I could swear the battery charge hasn't been lasting as long in recent months, with the engine seeming to kick in more often (my journeys haven't changed). I keep wondering if I'm imagining it as nothing adverse showed up on the healthcheck and the battery graphic shows the usual number of modules as charged (ranges between 2 and maximum minus 2... can't remember how many it's divided into). But it got me wondering if deterioration of this sort is to be expected, and if so when... we're all used to rechargeable batteries becoming less efficient as they age (very noticeable on a smartphone, for example), but mine is 'only' 5 years old and I hadn't expected any noticeable deterioration this soon.

Couldnt it also be the 12v going a bit old? In some instances it can cause the Hv Battery to be drained more. I had similar concerns", and soon after my Battery died by me forgetting yo turn off the cabin light during thr night(Thou thr Auris has a 20min shut off I think, to prevent all night blunders). After changing the Battery out I did notice subtle improvements, thou it could all just be in my head :D

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, Sungodraz said:

Couldnt it also be the 12v going a bit old? In some instances it can cause the Hv battery to be drained more. I had similar concerns", and soon after my battery died by me forgetting yo turn off the cabin light during thr night(Thou thr Auris has a 20min shut off I think, to prevent all night blunders). After changing the battery out I did notice subtle improvements, thou it could all just be in my head 😄

Ah now that's an interesting question. The other thing I had noticed is that the electric folding mirrors sound just a little sluggish when just the accessories are powered on, but the HSD isn't on. If they start unfolding and then I power on fully so the HSD is active, it's noticeable how they perk up as soon as that kicks in. Maybe I'd see the same with the headlights if I paid attention. 🙂 So perhaps the 12v isn't in the best nick. I suppose I was hoping it had a good while to go just yet - the Battery on my old (petrol) Corolla was still going strong when I waved it goodbye at 11 years old, but I gather that's way beyond what's expected of your average car Battery (someone I know has just replaced the 12v in her Skoda for the 2nd time, 4 yrs after it was last replaced).

This game with the mirrors or windows is exactly same even in brand new cars, perhaps 12v Battery is small and the whole system it’s not designed to operate in acc mode for a very long time or every time. My car is 10 years old and behaves the same as described, but Battery hasn’t shown any other signs of weakness, but I am driving a lot almost every day. Not 100% sure if it’s the original Battery or been replaced by Toyota in the first 4 years during previous ownership., either way so far so good.

Regards 👍

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 5:10 PM, CurranShelter said:

Ah now that's an interesting question. The other thing I had noticed is that the electric folding mirrors sound just a little sluggish when just the accessories are powered on, but the HSD isn't on. If they start unfolding and then I power on fully so the HSD is active, it's noticeable how they perk up as soon as that kicks in. Maybe I'd see the same with the headlights if I paid attention. 🙂 So perhaps the 12v isn't in the best nick. I suppose I was hoping it had a good while to go just yet - the battery on my old (petrol) Corolla was still going strong when I waved it goodbye at 11 years old, but I gather that's way beyond what's expected of your average car battery (someone I know has just replaced the 12v in her Skoda for the 2nd time, 4 yrs after it was last replaced).

Its sometimes just luck maybe, and also how you use your car, I imagine doing short journies/colder climate make them go bad faster. Im just trying to say that a lot of factors influence it I guess:D. But 5 years is a good mark to get it checked out from what I gathered from Priuschat. Ofc some go even 10years before going completely bad, and some get weird things happening when its life is coming to an end. Yours is 5 years old I member right?  I would definitely tackle the 12v first and get the fan cleaned before worrying the Hv Battery is going bad

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links