Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic converter

Nishi

Had my catalytic converter stolen from my auris tourer a few weeks ago. I have had it replaced and put a plate on it. Someone suggested to get a tilt alarm on the car. Where can I get one put on from?

There is a line of thought, Nishi, that these scumbags that pinch cats are not too bothered about alarms - most people ignore them anyway, and, would you intervene in a theft when you see the scums with big heavy tools in their hands.?
i seen videos on YouTube showing scums jacking a parked car on a road, blocking the whole road with their own car, with a queue of traffic behind them. Obviously the drivers of those cars can see what’s going on and no one dare intervene. The scums only take a couple minutes to do their theft. A guy on this forum was in his house, heard his alarm going off on his car, by the time he got out the scums had his cat and were driving away.  So, you could save your money, buy a couple of stickers “Tilt Alarm Fitted” off eBay and hope that deters them, after all, lots of people fit dummy alarm boxes on their homes just to deter would be thieves ie “go and rob someone else’s home”.

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea of stickers. I have had a camera put in aswell. Let's see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

So here is an update four weeks on from the theft of the catalytic converter.

We are insured with Direct Line and I cannot give them praise enough, they provided a hire car for the first three weeks, courtesy of enterprise and enterprise are quite professional too.

The car is with our local Steven Eagell depot and here again the service dept has been very sympathetic and helpful.

After the initial hire car was returned Steven Eagle provided a courtesy car but also asked Toyota to step in and after only a couple of days using the wonderful litte Aygo,  this has resulted in a car being provided by Toyota GB until the 31st December. Whether this is indicative of how long our Auris will be off the road is yet to be seen but the free transport will be much appreciated