Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy wheel surface bubbling

MikeEH

Seeing the factory alloy (?) wheels on my 2010 T27 Avensis (petrol) were starting to look filthy, I was about to give them a good clean when I noticed that in places the surface of the rear wheels had started to bubble, as if they were chrome and about to flake off, so I desisted from cleaning them in. Would anyone know if the wheels are in fact alloy or chrome finished and any recommendation as to what I should do would be appreciated.

That's an idea - my car is black so it would match - I'll see what the boss thinks (if you know what I mean).

Here's a pic of the bubbling. Is it an alloy wheel with a chrome or similar finish? I don't understand how an alloy wheel can bubble like this.

Avensis wheel.jpg

50 minutes ago, MikeEH said:

That's an idea - my car is black so it would match - I'll see what the boss thinks (if you know what I mean).

Here's a pic of the bubbling. Is it an alloy wheel with a chrome or similar finish? I don't understand how an alloy wheel can bubble like this.

Avensis wheel.jpg

Screenshot_20200920-195312_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200920-195309_Gallery.jpg

Unfortunately only way is to use flat screwdriver flake off bubbles and respray silver unfortunately shows up everything there are same wheels for sale without bubbles if that suits u my fix was cheap 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2020 at 7:02 PM, MikeEH said:

Avensis wheel.jpg

Yours are worse than mine and on the spokes. Mine are on the edge of the rim where curbed (not by me). They can refurbished.