Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turn off beeping when reversing

Sirua2014

Is there a way of permanently turning off that annoying beeping when reversing in an auris hybrid e18. It has reversing camera so I presume it doesn’t have sensors it’s just beeping to tell me I’m reversing but I can’t concentrate 😆 

It can be configured to beep once when you start reversing but can't be disabled completely. This is something only the dealership can do - there's no option in the car settings that you can access yourself 

2 hours ago, Sirua2014 said:

Er der en måde at slukke for det irriterende bip, når du bakker i en auris hybrid e18 permanent. Det har bakkamera, så jeg formoder, at det ikke har sensorer, det bipper bare for at fortælle mig, at jeg bakker, men jeg kan ikke koncentrere mig 😆 

If it bips like crazy that mean you have reverse sensors, wich is not working. There a switch in the boot to turn off and on. 

It might be the sensors.

3 hours ago, Sirua2014 said:

Is there a way of permanently turning off that annoying beeping when reversing in an auris hybrid e18. It has reversing camera so I presume it doesn’t have sensors it’s just beeping to tell me I’m reversing but I can’t concentrate 😆 

Your car might have a reverse camera *and* parking sensors - my Auris Excel does. Is there a parking sensor button to the right of the steering wheel?

• Like 1

In my Avensis, there has always been a round button for the Parking sensor in the trunk or inside the cabin. My is always put in the left side of the trunk.

1 hour ago, mcntosh said:

Din bil har muligvis et bagkamera * og * parkeringssensorer - det har min Auris Excel. Er der en parkeringssensorknap til højre for rattet?

2 hours ago, mcntosh said:

Your car might have a reverse camera *and* parking sensors - my Auris Excel does. Is there a parking sensor button to the right of the steering wheel?

Yeah when I put it on there are two beeps as in the video above 😂 

24 minutes ago, Sirua2014 said:

Yeah when I put it on there are two beeps as in the video above 😂 

Then the first beeping must be the reversing alarm. As I said, a dealer can reduce it to one beep when you engage reverse but you can't turn it off completely. Why Toyota chose such an annoying default setting is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Sirua2014 said:

Here’s the annoying noise. The parking sensor is beeping but there is another beep as well. It’s horrific 😛 

I’d forgotten how annoying the reversing alarm is in that mode. 😡

Have you checked inside the system where you can turn it off. There may need to be a place to turn it off.

1 hour ago, mcntosh said:

I’d forgotten how annoying the reversing alarm is in that mode.😡

3 hours ago, Ikram Shahar said:

Have you checked inside the system where you can turn it off. There may need to be a place to turn it off.

The Auris manual (the 2014 version at least)  says it’s something only the dealer can change so there’s no owner-accessible setting, unfortunately.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mcntosh said:

The Auris manual (the 2014 version at least)  says it’s something only the dealer can change so there’s no owner-accessible setting, unfortunately.

Same as on our former Auris TS HSD 2014.

Our local dealer fixed that ( dlete the reversing beep) and they even fixed our Prius Plug In 2015 and our Prius+ 2017 

carista can turn off the reverse beep and other dealer only customisations

my carista app gets battered when i change cars

auto speed locking , reverse beeps , seat belt beep and many more

are all turned OFF

My understanding was reversing beeps are extra loud to alert pedestrians that a silent car is reversing. I do find it annoying but better safe than sorry!

• Like 1

i heard in America a sound generator if fitted as standard to electric / hybrid cars,

and there where talks about a sound generator being fitted to new electric / hybrid cars

in the uk aswell , at low speeds sounds are genersted through a speaker to let people

know a car is nearby if only people took responsibility for there own actions and looked where

they where going then nothing like this would be needed.

what a nanny state we live in.

In the UK the sound generators being fitted to vehicles with new Type Approval from July, are intended to help those who cannot look where they are going - those with visual impairments (ie partially sighted and the blind).

Rather than being a nanny state reaction, the legislation is there to help people with disabilities. It isn't rocket science to understand that these people may have difficulty identifying that a vehicle operating almost silently is in their vicinity.

Back to the topic subject. 

• Like 1

these people will probably have someone with them to help them complete the daily tasks

and it wasnt this group of people i was aiming it at,

its the other half wits the ones that deem it is soley your responsibility as a driver to keep them safe.

No, commonly visually impaired people don't have people accompanying them for assistance. Whether you now say you weren't aiming your comment at the visually impaired, is by the by. The comment was made in a general way and provided no clarification that it excluded certain groups. 

Back to the topic subject.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:34 AM, eygo said:

carista can turn off the reverse beep and other dealer only customisations

my carista app gets battered when i change cars

auto speed locking , reverse beeps , seat belt beep and many more

are all turned OFF

I can confirm that Carista app will be able to turn the reverse beep sound. There are 2 customizable options: 1 beep or continuous beeping.