Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius 2015 Plug In 4.4 kWh Litiumjon battery ?

HSDish

I drive our Prius 2015 Plug In (gen 1) about 16km/ 9.94 miles (winter) – 22 km/ 13.67 miles (summer) on one full charge.

Does our car consume 4.4 kWh from the charging socket for a full charge, then, or what?

Think I’ve heard that Prius Plug In gen 1 (like our) will use about 2kW per 10 km / 6.21 miles. Is that right ?

If Toyota use the Battery in the same way as a normal hybrid. The Battery might be 4.4KWh, but you won’t be able to use the full capacity. This is done to extend the life of the Battery pack.

In the standard hybrids the attery level is kept roughly between 37 - 78%. Hence the battery warranty is 100,000 mile or 10 years.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

If Toyota use the battery in the same way as a normal hybrid. The battery might be 4.4KWh, but you won’t be able to use the full capacity. This is done to extend the life of the battery pack.

In the standard hybrids the attery level is kept roughly between 37 - 78%. Hence the battery warranty is 100,000 mile or 10 years.

Thanks.

That sounds conceivable/fair.

On my old gen1 plugin, Hybrid Assistant reported the usable HV Battery range as 19% to 82%.  When charging from 20% capacity, the gen1 was fully charged (82%) after taking on about 3kW.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to both QuantumFireball and johalareewi.

I've got the posibility to rent one more small apartment and the owner want to know how much / many kWh it's take to full charge my car , to set a fair price.

We've driven our Prius Plug In 2015 gen1 for more than 3000 km (1864 I think) on pure electric and... it has cost us 90 SEK (about 7.9207 GBP I think) inkl. home chargeing.

Here's a lot of free charging stations at our place (small town with about 35 000 people)

Full charge from empty is usually about 6. 2 or  6.5 kWh. Occasionally, it may be a bit more or less, depending on how the car has behaved in hybrid mode. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ancient Nerd said:

Full charge from empty is usually about 6. 2 or  6.5 kWh. Occasionally, it may be a bit more or less, depending on how the car has behaved in hybrid mode. 

That is for the gen2 plugin.  HSDish has a gen1 plugin.

• Thanks 1

Apologies HSDish. Remind me not to use my phone for posting, it doesn't show your vehicle details.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 1:30 PM, Ancient Nerd said:

As johalareewi says, I've got a 2015 gen 1 Prius Plug In but... it's interesting getting Your figures for gen 2 too