Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 2008 2.0l d4d diesel cut out in idle

Davi L

Hi can anyone help? My auris cut out at the lights when in idle and also when I tried the air con in idle. Does anyone know of this being a problem for them. I just bought the car and will be servicing it if it isn't a big issue. Also the Battery is too small so could that be an issue?

Thanks guys

Engine should auto compensate the RPM's to adjust for the load created by A/C.

You tried this again, did the same thing happen?

Maybe someone replaced the Battery recently, or took out the bigger one, put a smaller before they sold it, and the car has not re-learned idle propperly.

What's the idle RPM, does it auto adjust when you turn on the lights, for example?

• Thanks 1

I just went out for a spin and it happened again when I was at the lights. It sits one notch below 1000. When I got back home I put the AC on again and the revs started bouncing and then dropped out altogether, do you think it's likely to be a Battery issue? It takes literally 10 seconds or more on the key to start when cold. It seems ok when I put the lights on but there is only one working at the moment. My worry is that if I've been sold a major lemon im put off to spend more and more just for more problems to occur or be discovered.

I put the fault checker in and it said it's the egr valve so at least now it makes sense 

If you just bought the car, you can take it back and ask them to fix it. If it takes 10 seconds now, i'm afraid you wont have a pleasant winter, when temperatures drop even lower.

There's a topic about issues with cold start, being fixed by replacing the SCV by an improved version, give it a read, maybe it applies to you also.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 8:16 PM, furtula said:

If you just bought the car, you can take it back and ask them to fix it. If it takes 10 seconds now, i'm afraid you wont have a pleasant winter, when temperatures drop even lower.

There's a topic about issues with cold start, being fixed by replacing the SCV by an improved version, give it a read, maybe it applies to you also.

Hi could you help me find an improved scv? All I can find is the regular ones.

thanks bud

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links