Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjusting Sensitivity of Automatic Headlights on 2020 Rav

Jagst

On the centre infotainment screen:

• setup
  • vehicle
  • lights settings
  • headlight sensitivity

The default is 0, can be set to -2 to +2.

Mine's set to -2, but it makes little difference.  They're still a bl**dy nuisance and occasionally dangerous.  I've had three occasions where it's been thought I'm flashing the headlights and come very close to causing a serious accident.

When I first had the car my dealer checked with their diagnostic computer and confirmed there's no further adjustment possible.

The manual shows two types of headlight switch, one of which has an additional "off" position.  In my view, all cars should have the off option.

There are a number of places I regularly pass where dark buildings in narrow road or overhanging trees bring the lights on even in bright conditions, and I try to remember to switch to sidelights when passing these.  One road in particular can bring the lights on and off 3 times in ¼ mile.

Thanks, agree entirely, definitely should have an off setting, just s nuisance. Went 20miles yesterday morning with headlights on and bright light, switched to side lights,! Wondered if it was some sort of time setting! 

Presume your profile needs updating from the 2017 model.